Amex Departures Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
I was one of the people that were peeved when Amex pulled the pin on the Travel and Leisure Magazine a while back as I found it to be a good read.

Anyway in the mail came a new magazine from Amex called "Departures" which is a magazine for Platinum card members. Now judging by the offers, I'd say it was for the Charge card and not the Credit Card (Centurion was also mentioned in the mag offers).

It's going to be produced quarterly and combines travel as well as fashion and Design.

I had a flick through and it looks like the offers are aimed at the higher market - not on the same level as T&L.

I'll be interested to see how the next couple of editions pan out. However to me it seems that it will be catering for the top end traveller.

Has anyone else been sent a copy?

Nick

I only upgraded to the Platinum charge early this year and never received the TL magazine - they had probably stopped sending it by the time I joined up. At this stage I haven't received the Departures Magazine either.

I got the UK Amex Departures magazine last week. As a new Plat Charge card holder I realised that while the card is very useful for travel, I am not remotely in the target market for that magazine.

I had a flick through and it looks like the offers are aimed at the higher market - not on the same level as T&L.

I'll be interested to see how the next couple of editions pan out. However to me it seems that it will be catering for the top end traveller.

Has anyone else been sent a copy?

Nick

Hi Nick, I have recently received Departures as well and completely agree. It appears to be much more aimed at a high end target audience so is largely irrelevant to me. My wife and I used to look forward to T&L turning up so we're disappointed it's been replaced by a magazine full of ads for ultra expensive items, with less useful travel articles.

Hi Nick, I have recently received Departures as well and completely agree. It appears to be much more aimed at a high end target audience so is largely irrelevant to me. My wife and I used to look forward to T&L turning up so we're disappointed it's been replaced by a magazine full of ads for ultra expensive items, with less useful travel articles.

That sums it up perfectly!!! I do still miss T&L.

I still haven't received this magazine, so it must only be going to select platinum card holders, which obviously doesn't include me :shock:

Platinum Credit card, I used to get T&L.

No new mag here.....:(

I have just jumped online and emailed them, will feedback when I hear from them.

Email back this morning saying that they couldn't assist with my query and suggested I ring them which I did. The magazine is to go to all Platinum Charge card holders and they were surprised I hadn't received it, double check mailing details etc which were all correct. They apologised, but no explanation for me not receiving it.

Do new plat charge members still entitled to the departures magazine? How many issues per year and how long before it is sent out ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back