AMEX Cover It points 50% more value promo

Shinjetter

Intern
Hi all,

I just received an email about covering charges with AMEX points. They are currently running a promo that you get 50% more when you exchange membership reward points for charges on your AMEX card. Just want to see if this is even worth any value compared to converting points to Velocity or Qantas.

What do you guys think?

1671002017342.png

0.75c per point instead of 0.5. Conversion to KrisFlyer is way more valuable.

saying that, if you only have a limited number of points, and you don’t intend to fly, your better off at 0.75 than 0.5.

This is interesting. Thanks for sharing. This is not as generous as the ‘double points’ promo Amex offered during the pandemic. I wonder if this will be happening more often.

Is this a targeted offer or for ‘anyone’?

I've asked around - looks like it's a targeted offer. Might explain why I didn't get the email.

If you hold US amex platinum , transfer all AU MR points to US , use US amex platinum to booking FHR hotel with MR points which is 100:1 , after that cancel the booking the money should back to your US account within 3 business days, this make 100% more value.

If you hold US amex platinum , transfer all AU MR points to US , use US amex platinum to booking FHR hotel with MR points which is 100:1 , after that cancel the booking the money should back to your US account within 3 business days, this make 100% more value.
this is some next level stuff.. how much more value does it equate to?

this is some next level stuff.. how much more value does it equate to?

For example 1 million MR AU points convert to 670k MR US points points, then booking FHR hotel use US amex platinum card 100:1 , 670k MR US points equate to 6,700 US dollars after cancel the booking. 6,700 US dollars equate to 10k AUD.

thats around 2c per FF.. pretty good!
Have you personally done it before? how is the process?

thats around 2c per FF.. pretty good!
Have you personally done it before? how is the process?
Yes, I did online chat do transfer AU MR points to US MR on 18OCT.

internation points trs.jpg

points arrival my US amex platinum and make 2 FHR booking

1671349018706.png

1671349103455.png

cancel the booking and US dollars credit back to account.

1671349149921.png

Because FHR booking 10000 points equal to $100 US dollars, so that mean 100% more value than which AUS offered, if you don't want the airline points ( do no travel due to newborn , millions points stay in account for nothing , points do not earn interest. ) , this make AUS amex Charge around 2.25% cashback.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back