amex concierge

Status
Not open for further replies.

plop11

marketing is a magic tool
but can amex say that they can really deliver this?
i pulled it off their website, as i was logging into my account

"Leaving my laptop on the plane was bad enough. With all my lecture notes on it, disaster loomed. I don’t know what influence American Express has with airlines, but it produced spectacular results: the errant laptop, personally delivered to my room by an airline supervisor just a few hours later. "

i've used the concierge of the usual dinner booking/recommendations, changing my flights etc whilst overseas etc ... mainly just help i need whilst overseas
but has anyone had any extraordinary experiences with concierge? can they really give us that magical life saving experience/assistance?

plop11 said:
marketing is a magic tool
but can amex say that they can really deliver this?
i pulled it off their website, as i was logging into my account

"Leaving my laptop on the plane was bad enough. With all my lecture notes on it, disaster loomed. I don’t know what influence American Express has with airlines, but it produced spectacular results: the errant laptop, personally delivered to my room by an airline supervisor just a few hours later. "

i've used the concierge of the usual dinner booking/recommendations, changing my flights etc whilst overseas etc ... mainly just help i need whilst overseas
but has anyone had any extraordinary experiences with concierge? can they really give us that magical life saving experience/assistance?
plop11,

To be honest, I don't use the concierge service

The only time I ever tried it was to get a last minute booking at Tetsuyas, and they failed dismally :rolleyes:

yeah, i had always wondered if they could ever get me a table at tetsuya's as they claim to be able to do ....

I think the restaurant reservation thing is only for the first cardholder to call up on the day.

Table reserved @ Tetsuya was made and confirmed within 15mins. Hotel resevations @ Mandarin Oriental around asia was good but you need to get to the willing or right agent to organise that. Big boq of flowers delivered to my partner's office within an hour. They even located a reputable Pug breeder for me in Victoria last year:D and new hubba is coming home next month!!!

Thanks
Kito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back