Amex Chiefs & Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeqld1123

Fellow QFFer's. I need your help. I am in a dispute with Amex about them under transferring 20,000 odd points during a 2 month period. The Indians have admitted fault and agreed to reimburse me the missing points. That was two weeks ago. Now I can't get them to return my calls. Anybody out there know the name of a Chief at Amex and or an address or phone number in Australia that will help me. This situation of course may have ramifications for all Amex card holders not only here in Oz but world wide.

:mad:jadeqld

The Indians? :shock:

Unless I’m completely missing the problem here, you might want to tone it down a bit.

And I’m glad you decided to start a thread, instead of asking for help in a blog!

Google 'CEO American Express Australia'

I had to get some Amex points refunded about 3 months ago. Took about 2 weeks, but they did come through.

WT

Wasn't Indian's and chief's a game that was played at primary school during PE etc?;)

The Indians? :shock:

Unless I’m completely missing the problem here, you might want to tone it down a bit.

And I’m glad you decided to start a thread, instead of asking for help in a blog!

i'm not sure what you mean by toning it down??:?: i'm new to this blogging and threading

i'm not sure what you mean by toning it down??:?: i'm new to this blogging and threading

It seems to me to be a bit OTT to suggest the problem is going to effect people worldwide. You're talking about under transferring points over a time period of 2 months and also that you are in dispute with AMEX. It would be pretty hard to dispute an under transfer of membership rewards to another program as that is a one off user initiated process and you would have the proof of how many were transferred and how many received. This suggests to me that it is an automatic transfer situation. The only auto transfer AMEX I can think of is a qantas one. I didn't think that people worldwide had Qantas AMEXs.

Happy to be wrong on all that, of course.

It seems to me to be a bit OTT to suggest the problem is going to effect people worldwide. You're talking about under transferring points over a time period of 2 months and also that you are in dispute with AMEX. It would be pretty hard to dispute an under transfer of membership rewards to another program as that is a one off user initiated process and you would have the proof of how many were transferred and how many received. This suggests to me that it is an automatic transfer situation. The only auto transfer AMEX I can think of is a qantas one. I didn't think that people worldwide had Qantas AMEXs.

Happy to be wrong on all that, of course.
amex have admitted that they are wrong. and that the 2 months in question they have indeed short changed me by 20,00 odd points. i only have copies of my points transaction history (this is the amex calculation list) requested for the 2 months i disputed. i have requested the the points transaction history for the last 12 months so i can check them against my calculations. and yes this could affect all amex card holders even my Platinum card. which is use to trasfer points to Krisflyer. the formula that amex are using is wrongly multiplying (in this case) the 1.5 points for evry dollar spent

regards

jadeqld;)

amex have admitted that they are wrong. and that the 2 months in question they have indeed short changed me by 20,00 odd points. i only have copies of my points transaction history (this is the amex calculation list) requested for the 2 months i disputed. i have requested the the points transaction history for the last 12 months so i can check them against my calculations. and yes this could affect all amex card holders even my Platinum card. which is use to trasfer points to Krisflyer. the formula that amex are using is wrongly multiplying (in this case) the 1.5 points for evry dollar spent

From what I recall of the Ultimate card calculation compared to the Platinum card calculation, there are some differences:

1) In the platinum card you get 1 standard point + 1/2 bonus point for each dollar spent, up to your threshold (different between credit and charge card) at which point the 1/2 bonus point drops out
2) In the Ulimate card it seems they just gave you a straight 1.5 points per dollar, and bonus points on the Qantas spend. I am not sure how they calculate it behind the scenes, but wouldn't have thought multplying a number by 1.5 was a stretch.

So without knowing what is supposed to be wrong in their calculation, I can't say if it potentially causes problems with the platinum card at the moment.

I have other issues with my Amex card at the moment, but while my card was working it did seem to be giving me 1.5 points per dollar.

jadeqld1123,

Looking at your post and the responses I believe you need to be a lot more specific with your problem for people to be able to help you satisfactorily :!:

Looking at your post and the responses I believe you need to be a lot more specific with your problem for people to be able to help you satisfactorily :!:
So I am not alone? I am totally confused as to how the issue mentioned by the OP likely to affect my Amex Gold credit card and my MR points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back