AMEX Centurion Benefits List for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Fitz

OK, so here goes, this is a list of the current 2016 Centurion benefits of I have compiled for my own reference, I hope this helps anyone who currently has a Centurion card and congratulations to anyone reading this, who is thinking about taking up an offer this year.

This is a comprehensive list that has taken time to compile and write, so please refrain from making any negative comments on this thread about the Centurion card. I know it's expensive to have, but I travel a lot, get a supplementary Centurion card for my partner and 4 x complimentary Platinum cards (for my staff) and take advantage of every single benefit I can, so I definitely think it's worth it.

AMEX were one of the first banks to give me a line of credit - and they have helped me turn my small business into a significant enterprise. We have an ongoing, working relationship that goes beyond the benefits listed below.

I know someone else has started a thread called '2016 Centurion Benefits' however they did not post any information into the thread (they just claimed it, lol) so I'm starting another one with the information as promised. I hope this is OK with admin.

Everything is correct to the best of my knowledge. If I have missed anything or got it incorrect, please feel free to add and update the thread below.

Cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preamble:

1. Dedicated Relationship Manager that sorts out seats at the best restaurants in the country with a few hours notice. Sorts all account and spending enquiries quickly and efficiently. Invites to exclusive events.
  2. Dedicated Travel Manager. While this is not official, I deal with the same rep in travel who has just got me unbeatable business class fights to the USA and throughout recently. You do have to do your own research though, to keep them on their toes. They will price match if required.
  3. Enrolment into 'Centurion' Magazine. A quarterly magazine about expensive things.
  4. Complimentary Platinum Edge or Platinum Reserve credit card for the life of the Centurion. (Benefits of this card are listed below).
  5. Establishment Fee $5K AUD. Annual Fee $5K AUD, which is paid up front... Which equals $10K cost for the first year. Speak with your Tax agent to confirm how much you can deduct as a bank fee ;)
  6. 1 x Titanium Centurion for Corporate Spending. 1 x Plastic Centurion for Paywave Corp spend (Titanium card does not work with Paywave)
  7. 1 x Titanium Centurion for Personal Spending. 1 x Plastic Centurion for Paywave Personal spend.
  8. 1 x Titanium Centurion and 1 x Plastic Centurion for for Supplementary Centurion Card Holder. All Centurion Privileges applicable.
  9. Up to 4 x Complimentary Platinum cards for 4 x MORE supplementary card holders. All Platinum Privileges applicable to each card holder.
  10. Additional Titanium Centurion Card with all privileges can be purchased for $1400 per year. (As long as you don't go over the max of 5 supplementary cards)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Points Earn:

3 POINTS
Tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia
2 POINTS
Airlines, accommodation, major cruise and tour operators paid directly or through travel agencies
Spend in foreign currency when overseas and online
1 POINT
Everywhere else, excluding the providers below
0.5 POINTS
Utilities: Gas, water and electricity providers
Insurance: excluding insurances offered by American Express
Telecommunication providers: goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and Internet service provider
Government bodies: including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies

American Express® Centurion Card has a points threshold of 750,000 points per year of membership, after which your earn rate will revert to 1 point per $1 spent (except for spend at merchants where you earn 0.5 points per $1 spent).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Centurion Club Access.

• Ananas Sydney. Reserved table and comp glass of champage for cardholder and guest.
  • Eve Melbourne. Priority Entry. Reserved tables. Comp bottle of Moet Chandon or equiv.
  • Marble Bar Sydney: Special on some Whiskey.
  • Spice Market Melbourne: Priority Entry. Access to VIP area. Min spend $150
  • Long Room Melbourne. Priority Entry. VIP area. Booths. Comp bottle of sparkling wine.
  • Terrace Hotel Bar, Perth. 15% discount on food and beverage. Comp venue hire for functions.
  • Vie Bar and Restarunt. Gold Coast. 1st comp drink for card holder and guest.
  • Zeta Bar, Sydney. Priority Entry. VIP booth, comp coughtail for cardholder and guest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Centurion Luxury Spa

Lots of deals / discounts on beauty and spa businesses all over Australia and NZ .. too many to mention, sorry. If you are interested in some beauty treatment in a particular city, please contact me and I will let you know the details from the Centurion login.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travel

• Centurion 'Fast Track': when you book your international Business or First Class flight. AMEX will arrange for a representative to meet you at the end of the aerobridge. You'll be ushered past the long queues at immigration and customs (where available), after liaising with your driver, taken to your car - which can also be arranged through Centurion Travel.
  • Centurion 'En Route': Purchase an eligible international airfare through Centurion Travel and we'll provide you with a private sedan to an Australian airport. Add a cruise, accommodation or overland tour to selected international return Business or First Class fare bookings and you'll receive similar treatment on arrival to selected international destinations as well as on your return to Australia.
  • Priority Pass Select. Complimentary for card holder and supplementary card holder.
  • Free Access to Virgin Lounges for card holder and supplementary. Which means each card holder can also bring a guest for the life of the card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cruising

Crystal Cruises:
• USD500 Shipboard credit per stateroom (double/triple occupancy)
• USD150 Shore Excursion credit per stateroom (double occupancy)
• USD75 Shore Excursion credit per stateroom (single occupancy)

Hollard America Line
• Between USD100 to USD300 Shipboard credit per stateroom based on double occupancy. Credit is determined by stateroom category booked
• A plate of chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to stateroom once per cruise

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
• USD500 per stateroom shipboard credit (or USD375 single)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travel Insurance

All complimentary when outside of Australia, regardless of payment type. Who's covered? Primary and supplementary card holders husband, wife, defacto or life partner, legally dependent children for up to 180 days per year. ACE Insurance.

1. Transport accident cover: Loss arising while riding as a passenger on, or transport to/from a Common Carrier Conveyance, Loss arising while in a departure or destination terminal, Loss arising from exposure and disappearance. $1M for loss of life. $500K for losign a limb. $250K for losing an eye, foot or hand.
  2. Card Account Balance Waiver cover: Cover for the outstanding balance of Your American Express Centurion Card at the time of the accident should You suffer a Loss
  3. Business Trip completion cover: Cover for alternative Employees Expenses as a result of Your accidental death, Serious Injury or Serious Sickness or accidental death of a Close Relative
  4. Travel Inconvenience Cover: Delayed flight departure, flight cancellation, denied flight boarding, missed flight connection, Luggage delay checked on Schedued Flight, extended luggage delay checked on Scheduled Flight
  5. Medical Emergency Expense Cover: Cover for: Repatriation/Evacuation, cost of overseas Treatment, emergency dental Treatment and reasonable extra accommodation costs in the event of a Medical Emergency.
  6. Resumption of Journey cover: Cover for: Cost to resume Your Trip after it has been interrupted following the death, imminent death, serious accident or acute illness of a Close Relative.
  7. Baggage, Money and Docs: Damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen Personal Baggage or Money and Documents during Your Trip
  8. Travel Cancellation cover: Cover for Non-refundable deposits, pre-paid excursion costs and unused travel and accommodation costs You have paid in the event of Travel Disruption
  9. Personal Liability cover: Your liability for damage for Injury to any person or damage or accidental loss to property.
  10. Loss of income cover: Loss of income if You are in employment or self-employed and during the Trip suffer an illness or Injury which results in Temporary Total Disablement and a loss of income for thirty (30) days or more.
  11. Hijack and detention cover: In the event of Your Common Carrier Conveyance being subjected to Hijack and/or illegal detention during Your trip and You are detained in excess of twenty-four (24) hours, the cost of Your Close Relative to travel and stay at the place of the Hijack for a maximum of 13 days.
  12. Kidnap cover: The costs of Your Close Relatives to travel to and stay at the place of the Kidnap should You be Kidnapped whilst on a Trip for a maximum of 13 days, whilst You are held captive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purchase Insurance

• ‘Purchase Protection Cover’ (Cover for theft or damage to an item purchased by AMEX within 90 days of purchase)
  • ‘Refund Protection Cover’ (Cover for the purchase price of an unused Item purchased by AMEX, if you try to return it to the Retailer within 90 days of the purchase and the retailer will not take it back)
  • ‘Buyer Advantage Cover’. Extends the warranty of a product by a year. (As long as the warranty is normally 1 ~ 5 years & paid by AMEX)
  • ‘Loss Damage Waiver Cover’. Covers the excess or costs involved in the crash of a rental car in Australia. As long as the rental has been PIF by AMEX.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hotel Status

• Fine Hotel and Resorts Program enrolment. Noon check-in, when available, Room upgrade at time of reservation, if available, Daily breakfast for two people, Guaranteed 4:00 pm late check-out, In-room Wi-Fi, exclusions apply, Additional special benefit, such as complimentary US$100 food & beverage credit or massage for two people.
  • Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Status: Loved. Complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability at check-in) on every stay, Daily complimentary continental breakfast for two on every stay, Late check-out (subject to availability at check-in) on every stay, Access to Club rates, Access to Club reservations consultant, Exclusive partner offers, Regular Club newsletters
  • Club Carlson: Status: Gold Elite
  • Design Hotels - Room Upgrade, breakfast, 2pm check out, noon check in. wifi.
  • Relais and Chateaux. Status 5C - 3 nights for the price of 2... 4 nights for the price of 3. VIP welcome.
  • Hilton HHonors. Status: Diamond
  • IHG Hotels. Status: Platinum Elite
  • Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). Status: Gold Preferred Guest
  • IHG Rewards Club. Status: Platinum Elite
  • Shangri-la Golden Circle. Status: Diamond

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frequent Flyer Status

Emirates Skywards. Status: Gold

Qantas Club: Complimentary Annual membership for Card holder and Supplementary card holder, granting access to Qantas Lounges.

AMEX Platinum Reserve card (complimentary for the life of the Centurion) gives one free nights accommodation at selected hotels and 1 x economy return flight to most Australian cities per year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vehicle Hire

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards

Avis Preferred Service
President’s Club

Elite Rent - European prestige car hire
No status as such, mentions on the portal that you get complimentary delivery and collection of your car at the airport, upgrade to the next car category (subject to availability) and no cancellation fees.

Last edited:
Good effort, it reminds me of the reasons on why I continue with he card! Having recently bagged (not nicely) centurion in another thread for giving only 0.5 points at the ATO and being surcharged for it.

The Frequent Flyer, I think you missed out the whole Qantas Club and complimentary membership to QF for cardholder and Supplementary.

Also annual free flights via the platinum reserve.

I totally forgot about the clubs

Is EVA in Melbourne I mean does it have a minimum spend or one can just go for the Champagne?

I assume if I have to ask the price then I can't afford it, but what does this card cost?

So they still have IHG status? That's been dropped off the Platinum card (used to get Gold)

IHG You get Platinum Elite Status
So they still have IHG status? That's been dropped off the Platinum card (used to get Gold)

Thank you, I have updated original post with comp Qantas Club membership :)

No mention of minimum spend at Eve nightclub for comp bottle of Moet on the portal, perhaps if someone could confirm for us?

Also have updated to include comp nights accom and flight for Reserve card in original post.

Also have updated to include IHG status... Also have updated with annual fee and establishment fee.

Great summary, thanks!

I think the Qantas Club is not for member and sup but only for one. Or is that covered by Emirates Gold?
Also the Reserve Card has either hotel or flight, not both.

Oh, enrolment to the Centurion magazine!

Seriously though, how does the threshold of 750k points compare to that of the platinum card?

Seriously though, how does the threshold of 750k points compare to that of the platinum card?

Platinum card has a threshold of 300,000 points but, if you get the companion Reserve credit card, you can earn another 300,000 at the enhanced earn rates on that.

That was in the original list point number 3 :D

Thank you, I have updated original post with comp Qantas Club membership :)

No mention of minimum spend at Eve nightclub for comp bottle of Moet on the portal, perhaps if someone could confirm for us?

Also have updated to include comp nights accom and flight for Reserve card in original post.

Also have updated to include IHG status... Also have updated with annual fee and establishment fee.

Mr_Fitz I looked quickly thru the list again

I think Langtons wine membership is missed we joined for free with Centurion and received 200 AUD credit with purchase over 500 AUD

Also My US free postal forwarding service for avoiding the issue of only address in US purchase rules Ie Best Buy

This came through yesterday 01467952152.jpg

I think it books into D Class, which is a couple up from the bottom and certainly not their most expensive. Still a good price for confirmed First.

I think it books into D Class, which is a couple up from the bottom and certainly not their most expensive. Still a good price for confirmed First.

Do you get a shower,experience with that?

I was told I probably could get the Centurion when I was trying to get bonus points at renewal but baulked at the joining fee. Received an invitation last week waiving the joining fee, so thought I would at least give it a year but hoping someone can help me out a little with some benefits.

1. Up to 4 x Complimentary Platinum cards for 4 x MORE supplementary card holders. All Platinum Privileges applicable to each card holder.
What exactly are the benefits they get? All the status benefits? Concierge? The $300 travel credit?

Centurion 'Fast Track'
Is this a +1 or family benefit? Can you book tickets for other people and get it?

points threshold of 750,000 points per year of membership. Complimentary Platinum Edge or Platinum Reserve credit card
I love this. Already hit my 300k after 4 months and was having to arrange the reserve to get the extra threshold. Can you really get the Edge as I would far prefer that over the Reserve? Is the points threshold over and above the 750k?

No Travel Credit?

Diamond Golden Circle Diamond Member Benefits | Golden Circle | Shangri-La Hotels
This has a benefit listed
There is a Hotel Jen in Brisbane and 1 night is usually $180-$200. Does this mean I can stay there for a night get come away with about $200? ($300USD = $393AUD)

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates and Commission?
What are these like? I find almost everyone will take Amex in the USA even for commercial business which makes it excellent for that. In Australia I am just happy if they take Visa without surcharge.

FHR: Any difference to Plat?

Insurance: is it good enough to be relied on?

Thanks in Advance

Moindardt

Hi Moindardt,
How did you get the joining fee waived, I just received an invitation and the price is very steep.

Thanks

I was told I probably could get the Centurion when I was trying to get bonus points at renewal but baulked at the joining fee. Received an invitation last week waiving the joining fee, so thought I would at least give it a year but hoping someone can help me out a little with some benefits.

1. Up to 4 x Complimentary Platinum cards for 4 x MORE supplementary card holders. All Platinum Privileges applicable to each card holder.
What exactly are the benefits they get? All the status benefits? Concierge? The $300 travel credit?

Centurion 'Fast Track'
Is this a +1 or family benefit? Can you book tickets for other people and get it?

points threshold of 750,000 points per year of membership. Complimentary Platinum Edge or Platinum Reserve credit card
I love this. Already hit my 300k after 4 months and was having to arrange the reserve to get the extra threshold. Can you really get the Edge as I would far prefer that over the Reserve? Is the points threshold over and above the 750k?

No Travel Credit?

Diamond Golden Circle Diamond Member Benefits | Golden Circle | Shangri-La Hotels
This has a benefit listed
There is a Hotel Jen in Brisbane and 1 night is usually $180-$200. Does this mean I can stay there for a night get come away with about $200? ($300USD = $393AUD)

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates and Commission?
What are these like? I find almost everyone will take Amex in the USA even for commercial business which makes it excellent for that. In Australia I am just happy if they take Visa without surcharge.

FHR: Any difference to Plat?

Insurance: is it good enough to be relied on?

Thanks in Advance

Moindardt

To answer some of my own questions, these were the responses I got back from my Relationship Manager.

With your supplementary platinum card members they receive the below benefits:

· Experience Virgin Australia Lounge Access. Beginning immediately, you and a guest can enjoy access to Virgin Australia lounges too. Every time you fly Virgin Australia, the doors will open for you at their lounges throughout Australia[SUP]7[/SUP]
· Platinum Airline Privileges Program offers great savings on First and Business Class fares with some of the world's leading airlines such as Qantas Airways, Emirates, Virgin Australia, and more. Depending on the airline and destination, you can save up to 20% compared to standard fares found outside of Platinum Travel Service[SUP]18[/SUP]
· Platinum Fare Guarantee provides price certainty on your First and Business Class fares with selected airlines – if you happen to find the same fare for less elsewhere, we’ll match it[SUP]19[/SUP] until 31 December 2016
· Enjoy upgrades and preferential treatment at over 900 of the most luxurious hotels in the world20
· Medical Emergency Expenses Cover[SUP]10[/SUP] to meet your immediate needs, including repatriation
· Travel Inconvenience Cover[SUP]10[/SUP] which covers you for time delay, missed connections and luggage setbacks
· Transport Accident Cover[SUP]10[/SUP] offering protection when travelling on public transport
Loss Damage Waiver Cover for car rental of AUD125,000[SUP]10[/SUP]

You can gift a number of the status such as SPG Gold, and Qantas Club membership.

FHR: Definitely more benefits with the Fine Hotel and Resort benefits, for example with Mandarin Oriental and Peninsula Hotel you receive ( on a two consecutive stay ) an additional USD 200.00 hotel credit.
With certain hotels room upgrades are confirmed at the time of booking, rather than the time of check in. <- Very Nice

Foreign Currency: 3%

No Travel Credit.

Centurion Fast track is assistance through customs in selected cites when booking return business or first. Tickets need to be booked with our travel tea. Also when booking international return trips in business or first you receive a complimentary transfer in your home city. When combined with land you receive return transfers in your home city as well as an arrival transfer in your destination- selected cities only. This is for yourself and your nominated black supplementary card. <- I still have to check on whether it includes kids.

There certainly is the platinum edge credit card, this also requires an enrolment.

One reason why I went with SPG was the multiple room credits and maintaining status. The Centurion comes with Hilton Diamond for Primary and Secondary Black cards, so both my wife and I will have that status, meaning we can book a room in each name and get the full benefits with each room. It may totally change the way we do things in future.

Hi Moindardt,
How did you get the joining fee waived, I just received an invitation and the price is very steep.

Thanks

Hi Saul, I got my invite in the mail a few months ago and on my invite letter it said they would waiver the $5000 joining fee. It should say on your letter if they are offering to waiver the fee, if it doesn't, I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back