Amex Business Platinum or Qantas Amex Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sim

I currently have a Gold charge card for person use (supplementary card for wife) and a Green business charge card for my business spending. All points from both accounts are credited to my Ascent rewards account, which I transfer to QFF.

I have been thinking about changing cards (partially because of the changes to the Ascent sweep to QFF)

Given that I already pay close to $500 a year in membership / supplementary card / reward program fees ... I figured it was probably worth looking at a Platinum or Ultimate card ?

Was looking for some thoughts on the idea of combining my personal / business card accounts into a single account with supplementary cards for business expenditure rather than a separate account.

Is it possible to order a supplementary card in your own name (so you effectively have two cards) so one could be used for business expenditure and the other personal ?

Any thoughts on the Amex Business Platinum versus Qantas Amex Ultimate cards ?

I know the Business Platinum card is a lot more expensive, but I do prefer a charge card to a credit card. But then, the Qantas Ultimate card has a higher earn rate for QFF points.

Do you see any issues with having a business card with supplementary cards for personal use, versus having a personal card (Qantas Ultimate) with supplementary cards for business use.

Thoughts ?

Check if the Supplementary cards with either solution are summarised to a separate section of the bill.

Slightly different but similar, with my Westpac Altitude Visa/Amex card the Supplementary card transactions are lumped in with the primary card transactions. Although Westpac do separate Amex & Visa transactions on the same bill and into the same total.

The point I think for you is making sure that it is easy to have a page of business expenses and a page of personal expenses.

Alby

The point I think for you is making sure that it is easy to have a page of business expenses and a page of personal expenses

Good point. I was assuming this was the case though - since Amex do this for my Gold charge card.

Would be great if someone with one of these cards and supplementary cards could confirm whether the supplementary card expenses are separately listed on the statements ?

Good point. I was assuming this was the case though - since Amex do this for my Gold charge card.

Would be great if someone with one of these cards and supplementary cards could confirm whether the supplementary card expenses are separately listed on the statements ?
I have a business gold charge account and the transactions are listed separately on the statement, as well as online.

The supp card holder also has a separate log-on where they can vieir their specific transactions. (Primary log-on can see all).,

Hi,

I was under the belief that you can't have a supp card in your own name.

Before I got the Plat Charge card for work I asked about a supp card for my personal Amex to split pers/work charges and was told it could not be done.

Has this changed?

ejb

Before I got the Plat Charge card for work I asked about a supp card for my personal Amex to split pers/work charges and was told it could not be done.

Just called Amex (business) and they said a supplementary card in your own name was definitely possible.

So the question comes down to - do I go Qantas Ultimate or Platinum Business ?

Personally, I chose the Amex Platinum *Credit* Card on the basis that:

- I got a free Qantas domestic flight every year, fully transferable
- I got multiple free supplementary cards
- I got 1.5 points per dollar
- I pay 1/3 of the Platinum *Charge* card

I am now probably going to cancel this card since from next year points won't be transferable to the QFF program. In the interim will probably apply for the Amex Earth Platinum card since it'll get me 3 points per dollar til next March.

Cheers,

J

I am using platinum credit card, because for $400, I get one for my personal use, another for my business use, then one for my girlfriend, and another for my sister.

If I use any other cards from AmEx, just the card fees from all these extra cards would cost me nearly $400, so may as well get this platinum credit which has all these included, and gives me a free QF ticket including taxes.

Oh, all cards have different card numbers, so they are all listed separate in the statement, so I can get a summary of my business card, and more importantly, my sister.

Oh, all cards have different card numbers, so they are all listed separate in the statement, so I can get a summary of my business card, and more importantly, my sister.
Could you suggest how I get my wife to pay for items that are listed on her statement :?:

Could you suggest how I get my wife to pay for items that are listed on her statement :?:

My girlfriend and I have the same join account, and her wage goes into this account, so it still comes off her money really

Transparency is always better, regardless if you are talking about bank fees, forex fee, reward seats, or your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back