AMEX 4506-T

Sora

Hi team,

I applied for an American Express USA card, they requested more information for income verification.

They said I need to complete the 4506-T form, which relates to the IRS/SSN.

I can’r seem to understand it as I am going to the USA next year and wanted to apply early before I leave, my brother lives in LA.

How would you complete the form considering I do not hold an SSN and followed the steps for an international persons; my credit score and everything was pulled through NOVA CREDIT, used my passport and Medicare card.

Has anyone encountered this?

Did you go through the Global Transfer process as an Amex AU cardholder, or did you submit a brand new application without referring to an existing Amex relationship?

Did you go through the Global Transfer process as an Amex AU cardholder, or did you submit a brand new application without referring to an existing Amex relationship?
I applied directly.

It has an option on the application form where you don’t need to insert an SSN as it remains optional.
Post automatically merged:

Has this.6C886873-9379-4760-A830-696B45EB5CDB.png

I'm not sure what Nova Credit is, but not applying through the Global Transfer system was probably your mistake.

If I were in your situation, I would submit an Australian tax return, pay slips and bank statements confirming the receipt of your income with a note saying that you cannot complete the form as you have not yet started filing taxes with the IRS.

If you search on the Internet, you'll see plenty of Reddit & MyFICO posts from people who have done something similar and been approved.

However, you will need to be prepared to call reconsideration as it may be denied on first go. Plenty of Internet posts on what to expect when calling recon.

New to the U.S.? Nova Credit enables you to use your international credit history to apply for device financing and phone plans.

You can now finance a new smartphone with 0% interest payment plans for up to 36 months using your international credit history. No U.S. credit history or SSN is required!

Nova Credit is now available in select Verizon stores. Get your new smartphone and phone plan using your international credit history by following the link below and selecting "Find a store near you →." To find a participating store location, make sure to filter locations by "Verizon Company Stores."

I just got an Amex gold card after moving to the US a few weeks ago for work. I couldn't apply for it online because I could never see the gold card page on the US Amex website for some reason.

I called their US applications line and went through everything over the phone which wasn't too difficult. Initially the agent just did the regular application check and it didn't go though (I have no US credit history), so she called in someone from global card relation/transfer team and they used my AU Amex history (I've only had an AU card since January) to approve the application - I just had to upload some proof of address documents.

New card arrived next business day.

There was no income check like a request for payslip or bank statement.

Back