AMEX 2 point / $ bonus offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfunkable

Just got this offer

Activate your offer to earn 2 Bonus Points per dollar of spend on your American Express® Card for 3 months - up to 10,000 Bonus Points!*

Got it on my velocity card

That's a pretty interesting offer, wonder if it's just for velocity cards... Nothing on my Qantas Amex or the essential yet ...

Did you get an e-mail or through the app ?

Via email
My velocity is used lightly as well

edit: Got it on the Mrs velocity as well

Last edited:
It's like every store is a supermarket shopping with a plat edge. I will def be using mine to maximize the 10k .
Mine starts from the 5th Dec though .

Got this in the old-timey analogue mail on Friday, for my Edge that actually gets a decent amount of use. It runs 05/12-05/03.

Conveniently, I'm starting a two-month US/Canada trip this week. I got the Prestige a couple of months back but they stopped posting my points after I switched to Citi Rewards then the agent tried to send my handful of straggler Qantas points (which I'd been willing to sacrifice) across. I'm hoping they'll fix it but if this comes through the Edge will be even better where Amex is accepted (which is almost everywhere worthwhile except Costco, in the US):

3.0 MR (3.0 KrisFlyer) > 5.0 Citi (2.5 KrisFlyer)
raw Amex forex rate [better than] raw Visa forex rate
3.0% forex fee [better than] 3.4% forex fee

My +1 received the offer via mail last Friday for Velocity Amex.

Got this in the old-timey analogue mail on Friday, for my Edge that actually gets a decent amount of use. It runs 05/12-05/03.

Same here. Plat Edge is a great card - hopefully they don't remove the flight benefit for existing card holders.

Yep this came through for us via mail just yesterday for our Velocity Platinum. We put about $1500 on average through it each month (Travel and Restaurant spend obviously) so not sure if that is classified as light or moderate spend or whatever. What I do know is to get to the max 10k bonus points over the 3 months is pretty much roughly what we are spending anyway. I.e. $1500 a month = 3,000 bonus points a month so 9,000 for the quarter. So we ain't really gonna charge extra to this card then we normally would to max out the 10k bonus. Good to see supplementary is cards covered as well :)

Been hoping for this offer to arrive in my letterbox and was super excited when I saw an AMEX envelope in there yesterday... only to find it was a lame 9.99% p.a. for 6 months offer :(

Probably a long shot but has anyone called and asked for it with any success?

On the contrary I just came home from holiday and found out the enrolment date has passed on my offer.

The promo was only meant to start for me on the 5th of Dec, but upon checking my account online tonight, I have been credited extra points on all purchases since 30/11.

For anyone wondering: I sent them a message via the internal system asking if I could be included in the offer (obviously doubted it would happen but worht a shot). They said that it's targeted only however gave me 2000 points as a gesture of goodwill... was expecting just an outright no so that was a pretty decent outcome!

I got the points dating back to 28 nov. on my Velocity card. I had three small purchases the other day which would have been under 100 bonus points and did not get credit so I called them and they credited me 388 points ,not sure how they came up with that number but I will take the points My card was have problems at a few shops I called Amex Sunday and got the new card tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back