Altitude Rewards Account Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

moffat39

It has just come to my attention this afternoon that my Altitude Account has been hacked. I found this out by going into the banking app on my phone and saw that my balance was only around 5000 points. Last statement that issued on 13 April it was 264,000 points.

Logged into my Altitude Account and on 14 April David Jones ecards were redeemed. I see that my email address has been changed by deleting one letter. My understanding is that you need to phone up to do this.

Phoned Westpac to report the fraud but they were not interested. Said I need to speak with Altitude and they are not available today as it is a public holiday. Will phone them tomorrow.

They said my Westpac Card has not otherwise been compromised. The email addresses for my Altitude Rewards and Westpac Card are different. I use my work email for the card and private email for Altitude.

Has anybody else had their Altitude Account hacked?

Posting with an update. Phoned Altitude Rewards this morning and explained what had happened and was told that it would be passed on to the investigations team and they should get back to me in 2 to 3 days and if it is a fraud my points will be credited back to my account.

Was told that my email address was changed on line just before they changed to having to phone to change the email address.

i would be changing all your passwords and not have the same ones for every website. i definitely wouldn't use work email as scammers are targeting them now. let us know of the outcome?

Bit old but the same thing happened to me around the same time. 600k odd points redeemed for DJs gift cards. Called Altitude and they were pretty good with investigating and returned points within a week without any other followup required.

They recommended changing my email address which I have done.

Hope it all worked out for OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back