Altitude Point Transfer Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead33

Hi All,
This is my first time on this site so it's more than likely my question has been answered severeal times before...regardless I'll throw it out there again in the hope that someone may be able to clear this matter up for me once and for all.
I have approx. 2M Altitude Points and I have no idea which programme I should put them in.
I have enough QFF points at the moment to keep me going for quite a while and like most of you am completely frutsrated with the system that makes it near impossible for me to get somewhere and get back as well in BC or FC.
Could anyone please recommend a programme that will give me a decent return for my points and a reasonable chance of actually getting return international flights?
Appreciate any help you may be able to give.:?:

My advice would be to keep them there and feed them across as you need them. Use Air NZ for trips across to NZ, for longer haul they can be fed into Malaysian's program, and quite possibly after an announcement due out today may have domestic uses with Virgin Blue (depending on how Virgin Blue and Malaysian structure their relationship)

What about using the points by booking your flights directly through Altitude Travel? These tickets are not from the tiny allocation QF or whatever airline you fly for FFP redemption. Also Air NZ are the easiest airline to redeem points or dollars on but are very difficult to earn on.

Altair - I do not share your faith in Altitude Travel - they are much more expensive than QF. Altitutde Travel will tell you it costs more because you are booking with 'short notice'.

Westpac wants you to burn more points by charging more for air, accomdation etc and packing it up as the price of convenience.

My advice is do a comparison before committing to any Altitude Travel points redemption.

Thanks All for your responses...I appreciate it.
It's a good problem to have but I might just have to keep them in Altitude until I'm ready to go somewhere and then transfer them to the appropriate programme.
I agree with you Dan...my experience to date with Altitude is that it is the most expensive way to go in comparison to the OneWorld or Star Alliance options.
I think they wanted approx. 1.5M Altitude pts for something I could have done for less than 500K QFF pts (if flights were actually available).
Fair enough to pay a premium for availability, but 3X???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back