Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_OC

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all, I think I know the answer to this already, but do you have to stay at a Starwood hotel in the Asia-Pacific region in order to get the upgrade to SPG Gold status with Altitude Black? That's what the website says, but seems a little odd that it would be restricted to that region only.

The reason I ask is, I've yet to achieve the upgrade, and I'm staying at a Sheraton in the US later this week. I have a choice of paying with my Altitude Black MC and getting 3 pts per $, or Citi Selectand getting 5 pts per $. Obviously the latter wins, unless this stay would get me SPG Gold status if I pay with the Black MC.

Last edited:
Hi Jack, I see this post is some months old but will answer anyway as it may help something else.

The SPG complimentary Gold upgrade is quite specific in that the stay must be in the Asia Pacific region and be before 13 July 2015, so you have some time left to qualify. A stay in the US will not qualify as Asia Pacific.

It is a great offer for status. I am hoping they (the Westpac and Altitude Black people) bring in a sweetener deal for us low usage travellers to maintain Gold with SPG after 12 months without a further qualifying 25 nights.

Last edited:
Altitude Black = World mastercard = SPG gold status for world mastercard holders after one stay in APAC hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back