Altitude Black Amex - now ATO friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandja

Call centre have told ne that this card (from Friday 7 Nov 2014) will accept Amex for ATO at rate of 1.5 Altitude point per $. MasterCard is NOT acceptted.

Yes that's half the normal rate of 3 altitude per $ so you need Cove's titanium scissors for that one!

I wouldn't write it off completely. Yes, the half earn rate is discouraging, but Altitude is still one of the few cards that will still earn you points on multiple FFPs. Amex MR only earns 0.5 vs 0.75 with Altitude. Citi doesn't give you points at all!

Fortunately Citi has a US card with no foreign exchange fees that can get you 0.87 AA points per dollar spend for the MasterCard fee at the ATO.

Fortunately Citi has a US card with no foreign exchange fees that can get you 0.87 AA points per dollar spend for the MasterCard fee at the ATO.

How can you apply US card with Australian address?

I used my US address and I have a US Social Security card emblazoned with "not valid for employment". I have a US Bank account and my US Bank was helpful in getting a credit history established. Marcie in Private Banking and Neil at my bank branch were a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back