All Citibank Gold Visa holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnsh

I had a call from Citibank yesterday wanting to do a survey about my visa card. They asked lots of questions concerning the QFF program and if I would still want the card if the points went towards other rewards instead. I told them the only reason I had the card was for the 1 for 1 FF points - and the "no annual fee ever" of course. Its got me worried though that they are thinking of changing the reward system. I advise you to take the time to do the survey if they ring you and let them know that WE WANT THE QANTAS FREQUENT FLIER POINTS!!!!!!!

They are changing the redemption rate for silver cardholders. From 11 June, the rate for silver cardholders will become 2 Citibank points = 1 QFF point.

how nice....

AMEX has just made 1 AMex point = 1 krisflyer (from 2 to 1) and Citibank goes backwards.

Nice nice...

oz_mark said:
They are changing the redemption rate for silver cardholders. From 11 June, the rate for silver cardholders will become 2 Citibank points = 1 QFF point.
HMMM...that's news to me. I have a silver and have not received any notification from Citibank yet...did you receive any formal notification? Me thinks I'll be redeeming my points reaaal soon! :cool:

wrldtrvllr said:
HMMM...that's news to me. I have a silver and have not received any notification from Citibank yet...did you receive any formal notification? Me thinks I'll be redeeming my points reaaal soon! :cool:

Was on a statement from Citibank (not sure why I got that message I don't have a silver card!)

Hmm...think I'll be transferring the points out of my Gold card pretty soon.

(Haven't got the T&C in front of me right now, but they'd have to give warning of this sort of thing before implementing it right?)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs said:

(Haven't got the T&C in front of me right now, but they'd have to give warning of this sort of thing before implementing it right?)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Yes, I suspect that one of the reasons for the announcement to silvers was to encourage people to upgrade (I've been through the Citibank mill before!). An added benefit of gold will be a better redemption rate...

oh that sucks.. just got this card a month ago and was happily swipping my card to clock more points.. really hope they dont change the scheme before i reach my first 10k block!!

Another thing changing on June 11, is that operator assisted redemptions will require an additional 2000 points.

Febs said:

Cheers,
- Febs.

Yes, 30 days, although at this point there are no changes for gold or platinum redemptions.

oz_mark said:
Yes, 30 days, although at this point there are no changes for gold or platinum redemptions.

Yes, although we can take it as an indication that if Citibank are paring back on frequent flyer program rewards, then we're going to be see any improvements in this regard. I have been asking in letters for some time for Citibank to consider other FF program crediting, such as the US Airlines UA and AA (given that US Citibank cards allow crediting to FF programs in the USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back