AFF Review: Rex Boeing 737 Economy Class (CBR-MEL)

Melburnian1

Enthusiast
'$16 for a sandwich' at Canberra Airport!

Since they're all public servants or associated hangers-on, they can afford it.

We really do get royally ripped off in Australia.

AVV

Rex Boeing 737 Economy Class Review is an article written by AFF editorial staff:

You can leave a comment or discuss this topic below.
I flew Rex same route last week was upgraded found them excellent. Yes planes a little tired. Staff attentive. I am QFFF and VA . Am losing it with QF . 3 times now cancelled our TYO flight. I use REX on their regional flights so I suppose am biased. As for steps at terminal 4 all budget carriers have same prob. I look forward to using ZL from MEL more in future, I found them refreshing. Spoke to crew and was told they have picked the best from the others and offer at good price. CBR is one of Australias most expensive airport for carriers. Yes the food at CBR is overpriced. Also not the best.

Sprucegoose

Picked the best of?
We may need to wait longer before we fully understand the messaging here. I would hazard a guess it is the staff, and given some staff have very high opinions of their appeal to an employer it may be a highly subjective assessment!

In terms of Rex, I would find them unappealing given they don't have a FF Scheme; although that may have recently changed, my reactions to this news would be unremarkable. I guess most people will be the same. As a total proposition, Rex doesn't do it for me, and I think, apart from the regional connections Rex will continue to be the weakest industry link.

VA seems to be currently smashing passenger numbers out of the park, creating interesting times indeed.

Last edited:

AVV

Strongly dissagree. Flying Rex is a pleasure. They will have a ff programme , but not much good if you do not use ZL.

simmomelb

Intern
Unfortunately, Rex has a minimal number of routes I would fly (apart from the golden triangle), and not enough lounges (their 3 lounges aren't great compared with VA/QF).
So even with their FF program, I still wouldn't be able to rack up enough points with them.
Still, they are pretty young with their 737 routes, so let's see where they are in a few years - competition is good, even if you aren't flying with them :)

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..