Has anyone got experience in claiming Aeroplan points after the flight? (Specifically - I flew TK)
I flew via TK - and had planned to credit to TAP, but for various reasons changed mind at the last minute.
Didnt want to credit to (or join) miles and smiles.
Long story short - flew without any FF # listed on bookings, planned to probably credit to Aeroplan later via claim missing points - the TK staff assured me that would be eaaaaasssyyyy.
Well surprise surprise, turned out not to be easy.
So I submitted the (somewhat coughbersome) request via the Aeroplan website.
The outward leg was rejected by Aeroplan on the basis it was 'P' booking class - I didnt notice that when I booked. Bugger, oh well. It was comparatively cheap. Oh well.
The return leg was T class - The Aeroplan website suggestions that points for booking class T on TK will earn a 70% multiplier based on miles.
Aeroplan emailed me % requested to see my boarding passes - which of course I don't have, due to kids eating / ripping / destroying them.
And when I try to log on and download, the TK website says "cannot retrieve - booking was refunded". Which of course it wasnt.
Anyone have any advice? Is it worth setting up Aeroplan accounts for my kids, and trying to spend hours on phone with TK to earn 9000 aeroplan points? Is there an easy way to retrieve lost boarding passes?
I flew via TK - and had planned to credit to TAP, but for various reasons changed mind at the last minute.
Didnt want to credit to (or join) miles and smiles.
Long story short - flew without any FF # listed on bookings, planned to probably credit to Aeroplan later via claim missing points - the TK staff assured me that would be eaaaaasssyyyy.
Well surprise surprise, turned out not to be easy.
So I submitted the (somewhat coughbersome) request via the Aeroplan website.
The outward leg was rejected by Aeroplan on the basis it was 'P' booking class - I didnt notice that when I booked. Bugger, oh well. It was comparatively cheap. Oh well.
The return leg was T class - The Aeroplan website suggestions that points for booking class T on TK will earn a 70% multiplier based on miles.
Aeroplan emailed me % requested to see my boarding passes - which of course I don't have, due to kids eating / ripping / destroying them.
And when I try to log on and download, the TK website says "cannot retrieve - booking was refunded". Which of course it wasnt.
Anyone have any advice? Is it worth setting up Aeroplan accounts for my kids, and trying to spend hours on phone with TK to earn 9000 aeroplan points? Is there an easy way to retrieve lost boarding passes?
