Additional Card Holder / Eligibility for bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradleyc123

Hi all,

I have gone through previous threads but cannot find the exact answer I'm looking for.

I have just signed up to a cc promotion, spend $3,000 in 60 days. - 100,000 bonus points. (NAB)
I have my card, and also an additional card for my mother - this card comes with a different account number.

So I believe, if we both make the $3,000 spend on each card, we are both eligible for the bonus points - right?

However, what happens if we both spend only $2,000 on each card, - so this means I meet my $3,000 quota, but it is split across two cards - will this mean I will miss out on the bonus points?

Or if we spend $4,000 on one, and $2,000 on the other?

Brad

Misbelief unfortunately. You will only get a single lot of 100k in points. The spend on both cards will count towards the $3000 spend requirement. Unless your mother applied for and was approved under a completely separate application!

I didnt think i could earn twice, BUT, multiple threads say it is possible.

Also, i had the same scenario last year with this card, and received the bonus points twice, this must have been a huge error (115k x 2)

Sorry, just this one....

But maybe i misread

Yep. That’s where an Amex supplementary card holder, applies for their own separate card account. A supplementary card holder, without a primary card, did not effect their ability to get bonuses on their own card. Amex referrals were pretty generous re that thread, where some were getting 200k by referring somebody, plus the new card account was getting the relative bonus.

You will find your mother has a different credit card number, but it is on your single account. If she applied for her own card/account, like you, and was approved and met requirements she would get her own points!

Much appreciated, answered everything I required!

Does not explain my double up in points last year, but I'll take that as a huge win!

That was a win!

I had a virgin card at one point where I received 2 separate sets of points posting each month.....for 3 years....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back