A preview of my Western Europe to Eastern Europe trip report in the form of beer photos

Warks

Established Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Posts
2,795
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
20260811_131642.jpg20260813_201742.jpg20260818_173111.jpg20260819_175656.jpg20260821_142639.jpg20260823_130735.jpg20260823_184401.jpg20260825_184132.jpg20260825_185951.jpg20260827_151550.jpg
20260831_124547.jpg20260831_125348.jpg20260831_184547.jpg20260901_141249.jpg20260902_192219.jpg20260904_181022.jpg20260907_190225.jpg20260907_190234.jpg20260908_184933.jpg20260910_170350.jpg
So I've started a trip report but I'm notorious at never finishing them. I thought a good way to do this would be just to do a quick preview in the form of the beers I tried. I'm limited to 20 pics so will complete this in the next post. Enjoy! Prost! Cheers! etc.

1. Air NZ lounge SYD. Ichiban!
2. Uppsala, Sweden. A range was proffered at my friend's house and all were enjoyed.
3. Lisbon - the beer of Portugal - Sagres.
4. Lisbon - or is this the beer of Portugal? Super Bock.
5. Sintra - Estrella - the beer of Spain in Portugal?
6. Porto - a beer of Portugal with a Dutch sounding name? Burge Meester. Oh it's also Spanish. But Czech style.
7. Porto - the other Super Bock, also the beer of Portugal.
8. Madeira - the Madeira of Madeira - note, not a beer.
9. Madeira - Coral, the beer of Madeira.
10. Madeira - another version of Coral.
11. Prague - one of the Czech beers at one of the "beer museums"
12. Prague - the array of beers on tap at the museum (near the famous Charles bridge)
13. Prague - Kozel the goat beer.
14. Karlstejn - a dark beer on tap (forgotten name) - this is the size of the preferred head in Czechia.
15. Prague - Budweiser The King of Beers or the Beer of Kings, not sure. Proudly not American.
16. Brno - Kozel Cerny (dark) - probably my favourite beer of the trip.
17-18. Bratislava - Zlaty Bazant - Slovakia is infested with Czech beers, found a local drop. Means Golden Pheasant.
19. Vienna - Gosser - one of the many Austrian beers.
20. Vienna - Ottarkringer - another Austrian beer.

I can only post 20 pics per post so will continue in my next post.
 
Last edited:
20260911_164841.jpg20260912_182609.jpg20260913_175021.jpg20260914_134939.jpg20260914_181050.jpg20260915_183821.jpg20260918_180646.jpg20260919_193745.jpg20260922_174422.jpg20260923_114928(0).jpg20260924_144604.jpg20260925_152820.jpg

To continue...

1. Sofia Bulgaria - I haven't translated the Cyrillic for you but might later. I was getting pretty good at reading Cyrillic by the end of our time in Bulgaria.
2. Sofia again - these two beers were in the fridge of our apartment when we got in. Nice touch.
3. Plovdiv Bulgaria - this was a locally brewed beer at a lovely restaurant (plagued by kittens) overlooking the city.
4. Plovdiv again
5. Also Plovdiv
6. Plovdiv again - this beer was supposed to be the most popular in Bulgaria. (all of these beers were quite refreshing lager style beers as I recall)
7. Istanbul - Turkiye only seems to have Efes Pilsner which I've had before but didn't seek it out as it wasn't sold in supermarkets. So I went with chocolate milk, my other love.
8. Istanbul - this choccy milk was really good. I've actually got another whole set of photos of chocolate milks from each country as well.
9. Bangkok - familiar territory here, my first time in Thailand but I've had a fair sampling of SingHa in Thai restaurants over the years.
10. Ayutthaya - also very familiar. A frosty 500mL bottle of Chang was much appreciated during our lunch on the temples tour.
11. Bangkok - some beer with a German name in Khao San Road?
12. Mid-air BKK-SYD - final beer of the trip.

Now I really have to come back and tell you all about the actual trip.
 
Funnily enough I'm not even much of a drinker at home. Would be lucky to drink a beer a week! But when in Rome... well anywhere else I like to sample the produce.
I love some of these packaging designs - and you're making me thirsty!
 
I recognise a few of these from a recent 5 week Central Europe trip (flew back yesterday). The range of beers is so incredible over there, and also an excellent selection of zero alcohol beers. Some of these actually taste quite reasonable. Although you do have to wade between the weird fruit flavoured beers, especially when looking for alcohol free.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Now my promised tour of milks, flavoured (mainly chocolate) or not.
1. Sweden
2. Sweden
3. Also Sweden and not milk but everyone likes a good Plopp.
4. Portugal (weirdly Portugal had zero fresh full fat milk in the fridge anywhere I looked. All UHT and low fat or skim.
5. Portugal but found all over Europe - I like they have to tell you "this is food" - it was pretty good that one.
6. Czechia possibly but it's also German and everywhere.
7. Czechia (Brno) - a generic 7-11 type brand.
8. Czechia - full fat fresh milk! We are so back.
9. Slovakia but German brand - didn't try this one but an example of their flavours.
10. Ditto
11. Slovakia - fresh milk
12. Austria (Vienna) - local brand possibly generic
13. Austria - another local brand.
14. Austria - Choc n Roll! Also one of the better ones.
15. Austria - Sheep milk? Did not try, although I should have in the name of science. They had goat milk alongside but that's not unusual.
16. Austria - Honey milk - I did try this - just tasted like sweet milk. My sense of taste was a bit weak during the middle of the trip due to a long cold.
17. Bulgaria (Sofia) - Cyrillic full fat fresh milk.
18. Bulgaria (Plovdiv) - Spain's finest export! 1L of chocolate goodness. Made in Barcelona since 1933, survived Franco, oldest in the world probably. I had a bottle of this with an enormous ham cheese and tomato roll in Spain back in 1990 and I've never been so full. Was amazed to find it again.
19. Bulgaria - milk - photo taken just to show the measure on the side so you know how much you've got left.
20. Turkiye - this one featured in lieu of beer above.
20260816_193959.jpg20260816_194017.jpg20260816_194151.jpg20260822_203429.jpg20260825_114207.jpg20260901_203733.jpg20260903_124648.jpg20260904_074533.jpg20260906_091248.jpg20260906_091255.jpg20260908_081320.jpg20260908_144252.jpg20260908_144259.jpg20260909_081925.jpg20260909_082048.jpg20260911_074255.jpg20260913_074335.jpg20260913_190402.jpg20260914_083918.jpg20260918_180646.jpg
 
20260919_193745.jpg20260922_085459.jpg20260922_085507.jpg20260922_085527.jpg
To continue - due to the 20 pic limit.
1. Turkiye again.
2. Thailand
3. Thailand - saw this brand in Vietnam and Cambodia a couple of years ago. Interesting Thailand seems to have a dairy industry but Vietnam doesn't? Not at the flavoured milk level at least.
4. Thailand - bags of milk? What is this Canada? 7-11 exclusive it says even though I bought in a 7-11 equivalent. They didn't give me a straw, I eventually had to bite a hole in one corner and squeeze it out.

I've got a couple of pics of the Google Translate versions of a couple of milk bottles which seem to be still attached below although I was going to trim them.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260904_074518_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20260904_074518_Google.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20260913_190141_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20260913_190141_Google.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 1

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top