Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

A bit of humour

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
My kids keep talking about watching this thing they call the Man DeLorean. Now I think I understand what they are talking about.

1604367412777.png

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
The same applies to the RAAF.
I seem to remember that the oft cited reason people joined the RAAF was because they didn't have the discipline to join the APS, let alone the military. ;)
As was explained to me, the Australian military operate by the stars:
  • In the Australian Army, you are taught to sleep under the stars
  • In the Royal Australian Navy, you are taught to navigate by the stars
  • In the Royal Australian Air Force, you are taught to select your hotel by the number of stars

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
  • In the Royal Australian Air Force, you are taught to select your hotel by the number of stars
The army loved it when we lived in a tent city with them as it was a much higher quality tent city than they normally experienced.

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
The army loved it when we lived in a tent city with them as it was a much higher quality tent city than they normally experienced.
When I first started doing consultancy work in Defence, and not having a military background, I couldn't work out why everyone picked on the Air Force. In the Army, the officers stayed behind and send out the soldiers who had to sleep in mud, while Navy crowded everyone together in a metal box, and then for the Air Force, the crew chiefs sent the officers out in the face of danger and tell them to bring 'their' aircraft back. I know where I'd rather be.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AhmedUK