6 pack of wine in carry on

Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Posts
8
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I need to take a 6 pack of wine, preferably as carry on, as I’m already away and only have soft checked luggage. Anyone had any issues with this? I have 10kg carry on limit. Ta
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I need to take a 6 pack of wine, preferably as carry on, as I’m already away and only have soft checked luggage. Anyone had any issues with this? I have 10kg carry on limit. Ta
Presumably domestic?

Which airline?
 
Done so on QF domestic without issue. Having said that, I've taken it out of the originally box and packed it in a roll aboard bag with clothes to protect.

Edit: Depending on your allowance you could just check it as fragile. Also done that many a time on QF domestic.
 
Done many times from Adelaide to Sydney and even once from Perth- all on Qantas.

Had learnt my lesson the very first time though when I managed to break a bottle of red. Which was a shame about the red but moreso about all my clothes, soaked in a not so sightly burgundy colour which turned into piggy pink after a failed attempt at washing :oops:
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top