50% Marriott Bonvoy / 30% Hilton Bonus Points when you Transfer Amex Rewards Points

Gold Member

Established Member
For a limited time, get 50% more Marriott Bonvoy points and 30% more Hilton points when you transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to your Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors account. Offer valid now through 31‍ August ‍2023.

Marriott currently at 3:2, and HH at 2:1. I value Marriott currency at about 50% more than HH so the Marriott proposition is certainly enticing to top up for a planned redemption. I wouldn’t be mass transferring speculatively though even with this bonus. Although, the new Masai Mara Lodge does appeal…. Decisions.

Last edited:
1690857577374.png

During a limited period, you can receive 50% additional Marriott Bonvoy® points by transferring American Express Membership Rewards® points to your Marriott Bonvoy account. For every 600 Membership Rewards points transferred, you'll earn an extra 300 Marriott Bonvoy points.

This offer is valid until August 31, 2023.

Thanks for the heads-up. I emptied my MR account on the previous bonus promo, so only have around 10K now, perhaps might get to 20K by end of August.

I do tend to launder MR via Bonvoy, where I can use them directly from Bonvoy or launder further to AAdvantage if needed - though the AA path is nowhere near as attractive as it used was in the past.

The Marriott bonus is great for me - I have a specific redemption in mind for the Christmas/New Year peak period - so need all the points I can get my hands on! I'm just hoping there will also be a points purchase bonus this month too.

View attachment 338127

During a limited period, you can receive 50% additional Marriott Bonvoy® points by transferring American Express Membership Rewards® points to your Marriott Bonvoy account. For every 600 Membership Rewards points transferred, you'll earn an extra 300 Marriott Bonvoy points.

Not appearing on the nz amex accounts…

These seem to be coming up more regularly. Anyone noticed any pattern at all yet?

Isn't that for every 600 MR points transferred you get an extra 200 Marriott points (600 = 400 + 50% bonus of 200 = 600), so effectively 1:1?

I did an AMEX to Marriott points transfer this evening and both regular and bonus points showing in my account straight away (my Bonvoy account was already linked).

best use of marriott bonvoy is 5 nights redemption? or to another program?
I need to figure out what to do with krisflyer devaluation ..

I topped my Bonvoy balance up last promotion. Looks like these promos are coming around more frequently so I might wait it out. Though I have used some of the points already.

Agree the KF devaluation is a downer so opportunities like this one take some of the sting out of it.

Makes one wonder whether Bonvoy or Avios is the better destination for points. Hmm!

Avios by a country mile, or should I say point.
It's the more obvious choice I agree. However given the issue my last redemption caused with my partner, I think a hotel room might be better for internal peace. What can you do when someone else refuses to learn the dark arts but wants the benefits 😂😂

It's the more obvious choice I agree. However given the issue my last redemption caused with my partner, I think a hotel room might be better for internal peace. What can you do when someone else refuses to learn the dark arts but wants the benefits 😂😂
I hear you brother!

Does anyone know how long it takes Bonvoy points to get transferred into my Krisflyer account ? I did the transfer on Monday morning.

The notion of a 30% bonus from Amex to Hilton is laughable when you can convert from Amex to Virgin Atlantic at the same 2:1 rate as for Hilton, but then onwards from Virgin Atlantic to Hilton at a 2:3 rate, every day of the year. It's the same as converting from Amex direct to Hilton with a 50% bonus.

If Amex were to do a 100% bonus to Hilton, well then, that'd be more exciting. 😉

Back