Not open for further replies.

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Via this offer (not a referral) by 30 September:

[h=3]Get $50 on us! When you open an account by 30th September 2016 and deposit $500 within 60 days and we'll contribute another $50 to your account (new eligible Complete Freedom customers only. Conditions apply#).[/h]

I have applied and done the transfer, in anticipation of the $50, but with a litany of problems. Setting up this thread for conversation / to see if anyone else has encountered trouble.

The online application process was relatively painless and my ID was verified online (Edit: or seemed to be....)

Issue one: never received my access number to set up online banking. I had an SMS with a temporary password, but

Issue two: have not received anything in the post, let alone the card to actually use the account.

Issue three: when trying to transfer funds out, my account was not set up or "enabled' to transfer money to an external bank account.

On the phone now to figure out why I cant access my funds/get it enabled. On initial review, it's been too much effort for $50 - and i haven't even got it yet!

Edit: Just got off the phone. A physical ID check is required - so looks like I'm going to have to go in to a branch just to get my money back...

Damn, this looked as though it was gonna be easy too, so presumably you had to put the $2000 in to not be charged the account fee? Or are you just getting $40 after the fee?

Damn, this looked as though it was gonna be easy too, so presumably you had to put the $2000 in to not be charged the account fee? Or are you just getting $40 after the fee?

Yeah, deposited the $2k to try to avoid the fee. Might have to move some money in and out to be able to avoid the fee until the bonus is paid. Depends how quickly it arrives, I guess.

Oh gosh, mine was super easy! In fact, something weird happened and they opened up TWO savings accounts for me, and I got the $50 bonus on both of them. It was super easy, I just transferred $2k in to each account once a month, left it there for a day, and transferred it back out again. $100 free play money.

Glad I saw this post, it's reminded me that I need to go close the accounts now.

Hope you get yours sorted!

Went in to a branch yesterday (which was dead quiet) and they sighted my drivers license, within 2 minutes I was verified and when I got back to my desk, ready to transfer money out.

Will keep an eye on and report how long the cashback takes.

I had difficulty with the online application but finally got it to work after trying a couple of different computers and different browsers. Stuffed up the online ID verification (my own fault) but that was easily handled in a branch.

Deposited $500 straight away but then stupidly forgot to make it a total of $2,000 to avoid the monthly account fee. However, it doesn't appear to have been charged, so the first month may be exempt (only fair as some accounts may be created late in the month).

It took almost the maximum amount of time given in the T&Cs for them to credit the $50 bonus. Was expecting to have to call until it came through.

Never received a card but I'll be closing the account soon anyway.

Lucky I saw this offer. Signed up in a few minutes as I am existing customer but need to verify ID.

I did end up getting the $50 last year. I'd say it was right on the threshold for being worth the time. As a division of westpac, the atrocious customer service / seemingly deliberately making things difficult for customers mindset creeps in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back