50% bonus - points for statement credit

kkl

Seems like a watered down version of the lucrative covid redemption

.75c per point value

I'll pass as I value a KF point in the hand>1.5c but could be viable if awash with points

AMEX Platinum Charge is offering statement credit at $8 per 1,000 MR points. Usually this is only $5 per 10,000MR, so 60% more cash. Was this announced in any email from AMEX? I can't see anything about it. Very seriously considering it - haven't been able to find any better uses for points that yield > $80 per 10,000MR.

AMEX Platinum Charge is offering statement credit at $8 per 1,000 MR points. Usually this is only $5 per 10,000MR, so 60% more cash. Was this announced in any email from AMEX? I can't see anything about it. Very seriously considering it - haven't been able to find any better uses for points that yield > $80 per 10,000MR.

Didn’t get an email. But I’m getting $7.50 per 1000?

Wonder why my offering is different at $8 per 1,000. My annual fee is due next month so that might have something to do with it. (Edit: the website says $8.00 but when you actually try to use it it's applying only $7.50 to charges)

Last edited:
Wonder why my offering is different at $8 per 1,000. My annual fee is due next month so that might have something to do with it.

it was show 1000 = $8 on website but $7.50 in app. Even if you are redeem on the website, when you calculate it, it is still actually $7.50 per 1000 points when you do calculations.

Like others I am seeing $7.50 in the app and $8 in the website. However on the website the amount of points listed as required for payment next to statement credits appear to be $7.50, except for my annual fee which has just hit the account - this is list calculated at $5 :rolleyes::oops:

Rates have now reverted to $5 on my account.

Edit - oops - was looking at Plat Edge which is showing $5, however Plat Charge is still showing $8, but in reality $7.50.

Wonder why my offering is different at $8 per 1,000. My annual fee is due next month so that might have something to do with it. (Edit: the website says $8.00 but when you actually try to use it it's applying only $7.50 to charges)
Mine has now reverted back to $5 per 1000

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back