30,000 QFF points in 36 hours - any way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajca

I'm heading off on a trip on Thursday arvo and hoping for a QF upgrade. I'm about 30,000 points short of what I would need.

I thought it would be interesting (mostly out of curiousity) to ask if anyone can think of any ingenius ways to get 30,000 points in a very short period of time?

I'm heading off on a trip on Thursday arvo and hoping for a QF upgrade. I'm about 30,000 points short of what I would need.

I thought it would be interesting (mostly out of curiousity) to ask if anyone can think of any ingenius ways to get 30,000 points in a very short period of time?

Family transfer is about the only thing i can think of that is fast enough. Most Credit card offers you'll be waiting a month or more..

Do you have $30,000 of spending you could do at Woolworths/**** Smith?

But IIRC they always credit on Fridays. So you'd be too late also.

You could always buy 20,000 - not cheap by any means, depends on what you are are up to:

Frequent Flyer - Using Points - Top-up Points

20,000 = $557.50 = 2.7c/point

If you are redeeming J seats at roughly 3c / point then it may be worthwhile.

You'll still need an extra 10K though ... family transfer might be the only way.

You could always buy 20,000 - not cheap by any means, depends on what you are are up to:

Frequent Flyer - Using Points - Top-up Points

20,000 = $557.50 = 2.7c/point

If you are redeeming J seats at roughly 3c / point then it may be worthwhile.

You'll still need an extra 10K though ... family transfer might be the only way.
yes you wont have enough time for promos and credit card sign up offers. family transfer may be the only option. however ive heard of a friend buy many lotto tickets in advance using his registered credit card with golden casket and then cancelling them and transfering the cash into his linked savings account. I wonder if this would actually work and be a clever way of getting FF points?

yes you wont have enough time for promos and credit card sign up offers. family transfer may be the only option. however ive heard of a friend buy many lotto tickets in advance using his registered credit card with golden casket and then cancelling them and transfering the cash into his linked savings account. I wonder if this would actually work and be a clever way of getting FF points?

Surely the points would not be credited until after the monthly statement was prepared?

If only we had the old 'mint coins' trick and CC-spend based status here. ;)

Three return flights from Brisbane to Perth.

08:20 Brisbane 12:00 Perth QF589
12:50 Perth 19:00 Brisbane QF598
20:15 Brisbane 23:55 Perth JQ980
00:35 Perth 07:00 Brisbane JQ981
08:20 Brisbane 12:00 Perth QF589
12:50 Perth 19:00 Brisbane QF598

Just under 36 hours.
If you did it all economy with a 100% platinum bonus you would be just short on 26928.
However if you did the 4 Qantas legs as business class you would end up with 31416 points.

Three return flights from Brisbane to Perth.08:20 Brisbane 12:00 Perth QF58912:50 Perth 19:00 Brisbane QF59820:15 Brisbane 23:55 Perth JQ98000:35 Perth 07:00 Brisbane JQ98108:20 Brisbane 12:00 Perth QF58912:50 Perth 19:00 Brisbane QF598Just under 36 hours. If you did it all economy with a 100% platinum bonus you would be just short on 26928.However if you did the 4 Qantas legs as business class you would end up with 31416 points.
Surely for the $6000-odd that would cost (and the two days he would give up for it) he'd be better off paying for a J ticket on his original fare? :)

It's a bit moot now, but a quick turnaround flight SYD to DFW and back will net 30,052 points for an SG. (WP earns 34,344)

Plus you'd garner 100 SC's. Can be done from $2400 ...

Golden Casket is only available to Queensland residents.

You can use Visa, Mastercard or BPAY to pay into your account, and money can be withdrawn either into a bank account or cheque, but the transaction may show as a cash advance instead of a purchase.

https://www.goldencasket.com/WCOL/help/help.asp?page=P62&item=3

Same with the BPAY payment if you make it through your EverydayRewards Mastercard.

GOLDEN CASKET LOTTERY - BPAY Biller Details - BPAY

my friend said he uses an ANZ credit card and that the transaction doesnt show as a cash advance . its shows as a purchase and no fees.

does a tax bill need to be paid?
or a BAS?
my points on show up within a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back