3 points per dollar overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
I rang Citibank to let them know I was going to the USA for a month.

They told me I get 3 points per dollar whilst overseas with a 3 per cent currency conversion. End result is currency converts at slightly better than 1:1 and heaps better rate than money changers plus heaps of points.. Worth checking out if going O/S

I rang Citibank to let them know I was going to the USA for a month.

They told me I get 3 points per dollar whilst overseas with a 3 per cent currency conversion. End result is currency converts at slightly better than 1:1 and heaps better rate than money changers plus heaps of points.. Worth checking out if going O/S

My guess is that is the citi sig? at 3 points/$ which converts to 2 points VFF and KrisF?
Citi select is 5 points which converts to 3.33 VFF or KrisF?

Either way, that's a good way to go O/S on.

Last edited:
Points per dollar, for overseas use, from what I saw on the Citi website:

Select = 5
Signature = 4
Platinum = 3

My card is a PLATINUM SELECT.
I thought they said 3 poinrts per dollar but if it is 5 pwer dollar I will not complain !

CORRECTION .................. My card is a SIGNATURE card, not a SELECT card so I only ended up with 4 points in total..... 1 + 3 bonus

Does this apply to the Virgin range of cards issued by Citibank ?

Also remember the citi bonus partners. Which I think IHG is part of... Would be good for hotel spend.

I got a total of 4 points for every dollar overseas. I did not realize they were a bonus partner so maybe more points to come ???

Isn't that 3x bonus points for IHG only in AUS?

This is true for all bonus partners:

Important information
Bonus Points are earned on purchases made at participating Australian Bonus Partner retailers only. The Bonus Partner program is only available to Citibank Rewards Credit Cards, Citibank Gold, Citibank Select and CitiBusiness cardholders participating in Citibank's standard rewards program. It is not available to cardholders who enrol in airline frequent flyer direct earn rewards programs

Citibank Australia - Bonus Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back