Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Got a letter from Amex today. 2500 bonus MR points per 10 eligible purchases over $20. Capped at 7500 points between 1 August to 30 September 2010.

No code provided, and the card is CPA Gold Credit Card.

Time for me to take out the card from the corner and start spending!

Got it too. Looks like it is running in conjunction with the other promotion too since I am getting both sets of points.

As there is no code I am guessing this is targeted as well.

Anyway sounds like Amex has tightened up the earning potential of most of their promotions.

As there is no code I am guessing this is targeted as well.

Anyway sounds like Amex has tightened up the earning potential of most of their promotions.

Well after the debarcle I am sure that is the first thing they do when doing a promo!

Well after the debarcle I am sure that is the first thing they do when doing a promo!

Well I think that over the years that generally Amex Promos were quite tight, both before and after "that" promo. In addition targeted promos were well in existence prior to that one.

But with that particular one they had a combination of errors.

Personally I think they got their maths wrong up front, and that is why they did not have the entry restricted enough....because they did not think they needed to.

They wanted a promo to get people out using their Amex for lots of small transactions, and in that they exceeded beyond their expectaions because their reward rate was way too generous and could easily be made to exceed the value of the purchase.

But yes they probably make sure a third party vets all new promos, rather than leaving it to just the one team.

Yeah I got an email basically saying they noticed I hadn't yet registered to achieve 15,000 points but that it wasn't too late I could still earn 7500 in the time remaining. Or words to that effect.

It seems this started in May. Only problem was this was the first time I had heard about it! :mad:

Yeah I got an email basically saying they noticed I hadn't yet registered to achieve 15,000 points but that it wasn't too late I could still earn 7500 in the time remaining. Or words to that effect.

It seems this started in May. Only problem was this was the first time I had heard about it! :mad:

Different promo then as the Op states it starting as of 1 August.

Out of interest is it the same apart from the dates as the OP? ie as to how points are earned.

Different promo then as the Op states it starting as of 1 August.

Out of interest is it the same apart from the dates as the OP? ie as to how points are earned.

Yes, I'm sure it's the same promotion - the 'journey' promotion. I got the same email saying I could still earn 7500 points but I had in fact already registered way back when it started. I phoned Amex and they confirmed that I was registered and on the way to earning the 15k. It's the same promotion but as it runs for six months and is now halfway through, the most you can earn if you sign up now is 7.5k.

Got a letter from Amex today. 2500 bonus MR points per 10 eligible purchases over $20. Capped at 7500 points between 1 August to 30 September 2010.

No code provided, and the card is CPA Gold Credit Card.

Time for me to take out the card from the corner and start spending!

Very surprised, I got the same letter as well, never happened before, I always think I won't be the target of AMEX. But my letter's condition is slightly different as yours, I need to spend at least $25 per transaction NOT $20 in order to get bonus points. This looks strange, maybe different people has different amount??

I'm in SYD at the moment but hopefully this is waiting for me when I get home. Not as good as that other promo of course, but still a nice little bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back