2019 Federal Election Discussion | Page 53 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

2019 Federal Election Discussion

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just saw the video of Billy boy being caught on film telling the Terminator (Arnie) he's going to be the next PM of Australia - pure gold!

Talk about being Terminated :p

NM

Flights
My Map
Anyone know why, on the AEC web site, the Labor candidate for Macquarie is designated 'Labor', whist the one for Bass is designated 'Australian Labor Party' ?
The AEC uses the party names as they are registered in each state. Hence some slight variations between states, but consistency within states.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Tight race between One Nation and Nationals for the important 2nd place.
Was mentioned by Green on the night but has gone away from ON. They are 1700 1P votes behind, and would need a very high split of UAP and CDP prefs (like 75/25), against the UAP HTV which is very unlikely

Moody

Anyone know why, on the AEC web site, the Labor candidate for Macquarie is designated 'Labor', whist the one for Bass is designated 'Australian Labor Party' ?

Still obsessing about him? :)
I simply find it astounding that people listen to and worship this man, when time and again he exposes himself as a vindictive liar with no credibility. His Q&A appearances are universally embarrassing, and even the journalist from the Australian and the representative for business on the panel were having no part in his diatribes.

Katie

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'd suggest fixed four year terms for state and federal governments. Victoria does it and you know when the election will be held.
I think Queensland is going that way after the next election. The local state member said something about it as we were packing up the sausage stand on Saturday.

Moody

IMO that must be the left wing bias Q & A you are talking about
Do you have any examples of that? Did you watch it on Monday? If not - where do you get your political commentary from?

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I simply find it astounding that people listen to and worship this man, when time and again he exposes himself as a vindictive liar with no credibility. His Q&A appearances are universally embarrassing, and even the journalist from the Australian and the representative for business on the panel were having no part in his diatribes.
OK ... It appears you watched him, and from previous posts, listen to him on radio. Jolly good. Me, I don't have the time or inclination for such nonsense, doing my uni studies.

Take a break and you'll destress a bit.

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I think Queensland is going that way after the next election. The local state member said something about it as we were packing up the sausage stand on Saturday.
2016 referendum result was - yes.

CaptJCool

Apparently in NSW there’s Labor and country Labor so hence the designation.

In most the rest of Australia there’s just ALP

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just saw the video of Billy boy being caught on film telling the Terminator (Arnie) he's going to be the next PM of Australia - pure gold!

That's just remarkable, especially as he would have seen the cameras right in front of him.

In fact it's so monumentally stupid I wonder if it might have been digitally 'created'? Wonder why it wouldn't have come out before election Day.

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Self-interest?

How about the QLD ALP Premier travelling today to Hay Point, hard hat and all. Apparently, she's fed up with these Adani delays and wants her department to get on with it :) Priceless...

rock86

Established Member
Self-interest?

How about the QLD ALP Premier travelling today to Hay Point, hard hat and all. Apparently, she's fed up with these Adani delays and wants her department to get on with it :) Priceless...

Geez that made me laugh out loud.

Yes, "enough is enough", read "regardless of our stance, we'd rather look out for self interests and our federal counterparts got hammered on the weekend, so I need to now look 'proactive' on the issue".

With the ALP's progressive views on Climate Change, one which I have no issues with and would even consider accepting it if they could provide some proper costings on their policy and the economic impact it would have. So this 'new leaf' from Anna 2.0 is purely trying to save hers and her mates careers for a project they don't really want.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Science is skeptical - so yes most want a guarded/cautious approach. The problem is that it’s turned into a religion. It sounds remarkably similar to the “end of days” Bible preaching doesn’t it?.
Yes, but in the old days you could always use hard cash to buy your way to forgiveness and heaven via an 'indulgence' - just like now you can continue to sin and create CO2, but its OK if you buy a 'carbon offset' :)

And if you question the modern religion, you are branded a heretic denier (which, of course, is a calculated form of abuse, equating those who don't want to follow the region with holocaust deniers).

cove

AFF Supporter
In the West we have Chevron still working on their carbon capture systems on the huge LNG plants. When that gets going Western Australia’s figures will be much better.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamfales