2000 Qantas Points on Qudos Qantas Points Saver account

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Not quite the 5k of last years' Bankwest promotion, but earns interest and has less hurdles. 6 minutes to apply including the time it took to write this post.

Earn 2,000 bonus Qantas Points​

when you open your first Qantas Points Saver account with a $1,000 deposit in the 1st month^

^T&Cs Apply. New accounts opened 31/01/2023 to 28/03/2023. Min deposit $1k in first month. Excludes existing Qantas Points Saver customers. One points allocation per customer.

Note that dormant accounts have a fee of $10/year, so be sure to close if you won't keep using it. Could be a nice little nudge towards points club!

Note that dormant accounts have a fee of $10/year, so be sure to close if you won't keep using it. Could be a nice little nudge towards points club!

Ah. Good spot. I opened this last week purely for the bonus points and missed that detail. Have set a reminder to close this as soon as I get the 2k!

In the application process, when providing ID (i.e. driver licence), it says it's going to hit Equifax. Is that a credit check? Don't want it to be impacted as I prefer to keep it healthy for CC, but maybe I am over cautious?

Equifax provide both DVS (ID Verification) as well as credit check services. They wouldnt need to do a credit check for a savings account.

Opened an account and transfered over $1k but wondering if there's a minimum amount of time the $1k needs to sit in the account or if it can be withdrawn straight away.

Not sure, I opened the account late Feb, transferred the $1k. I received 4 points earlier this week for the deposit; but no sign of the 2k bonus yet.

I don't have a problem leaving the $1k there for a while, the interest rate is decent.

Apart from the signup bonus (if they arrive), sounds like the pts earn otherwise is a bit gimmicky?

Apart from the signup bonus (if they arrive), sounds like the pts earn otherwise is a bit gimmicky?

Yeah the ongoing points earn is quite low, but the interest is higher than the bankwest account.

Yeah the ongoing points earn is quite low, but the interest is higher than the bankwest account.
About the same rate as UBank but I’m also getting 4.8% at ING.

I could earn the monthly pts just walking a little further in the QF Wellbeing app. 😁

About the same rate as UBank but I’m also getting 4.8% at ING.

I could earn the monthly pts just walking a little further in the QF Wellbeing app. 😁
I am seeing 3.45% in qudos and 4.35 on ubank (4.6 from 1 April). Did I miss something?

Nice one on ING.

It'll be a hard grind to 350k this year for me, so every bit helps!
I’m trying SuperHero. The 1k signup bonus took only 1 day. I sent in a B2B stock transfer on Friday (something I intend to sell anyway) and that ought to be an easy 20k. Plus potential to earn 10k on Oz share trades and 5k on US trades.

In the inbox this morning:

Make the switch and be rewarded with a $50 Bunnings eGift card* for everyday banking with Qudos Bank! Whether you’re looking to renovate, upcycling furniture, or decorating your new home, there’s a range of household items to choose from.

To receive a gift card simply deposit at least $2,000 each month from an external source into any of your Qudos Bank transaction or savings accounts for three consecutive months within 6 months of opening your account.^ DIY Super Saver and Term Deposit accounts are not eligible for this offer.

An interesting promo indeed but will set up some auto triggers today and hopefully Mrs excel and I will find ourselves with $100 to spend at Bunnings between us.

I wont be participating in that one, Bunnings not as appealing as QFF points. I buy 4 Fluorescent light rings at Bunnings about once every 4-5 years otherwise zero need to set foot in a bunnings. Would prefer they increase the monthly points earn myself.

Am still waiting on the promised 2k points for opening the account and depositing $1k.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that I'll get this on the back of the sign up offer as well :)

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back