2000 bonus points to take up supplementary card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakBlack

Received this offer via snail mail a couple of days ago...

As I hold an Amex Plat. Edge card, Amex are offering 2000 bonus points for me to take out a supplementary card for my wife.
Card comes with all the regular Plat. Edge benifets like insurance and 3x, 2x etc points.
No annual fee ever.

I've been thinking about getting a supplementary card anyway for the better half, so this might be the deal to go for...although I think 2000 bonus points is a bit stingy, all things considered.

Offer goes until Jan 15th...although given recent history they will probably extend the deal and up the bonus to 4 or 5k which would be a more worthwhile inducement.

Received this offer via snail mail a couple of days ago...

As I hold an Amex Plat. Edge card, Amex are offering 2000 bonus points for me to take out a supplementary card for my wife.
Card comes with all the regular Plat. Edge benifets like insurance and 3x, 2x etc points.
No annual fee ever.

I've been thinking about getting a supplementary card anyway for the better half, so this might be the deal to go for...although I think 2000 bonus points is a bit stingy, all things considered.

Offer goes until Jan 15th...although given recent history they will probably extend the deal and up the bonus to 4 or 5k which would be a more worthwhile inducement.

it seems to be a good deal better then nothing.
is there a special code that you need to enter when you apply online for the supplementary card to get the bonus points? if so do you mind sharing it? ref "No annual fee ever" do you mean on the supplementary card or the primary or both?

btw i recently got an email offer for the david jones amex card. they are offering a double gold movie tickets and the 1st year annual fee of $29 waived on new supplementary cards if you apply by 30th nov. ps you are allowed up to 99 supplementary cards linked to the primary david jones amex card too so i guess that is a lot of free movie tickets.

it seems to be a good deal better then nothing.
is there a special code that you need to enter when you apply online for the supplementary card to get the bonus points? if so do you mind sharing it? ref "No annual fee ever" do you mean on the supplementary card or the primary or both?

btw i recently got an email offer for the david jones amex card. they are offering a double gold movie tickets and the 1st year annual fee of $29 waived on new supplementary cards if you apply by 30th nov. ps you are allowed up to 99 supplementary cards linked to the primary david jones amex card too so i guess that is a lot of free movie tickets.

Yeah true enough, given that I was considering it, this offer is good timing and certainly better than nothing.

No annual fee applies to Supp. card only which I suppose is a standard and expected inclusion with this sort of offer.

Offers for main Cardholders have been at all sorts of levels, and go up and down.

However I have only ever seen Supp card offers at 2000 points. Offers come and go, but the ones I have seen have only ever been at 2K.

Has anyone seen them at different levels?

Last edited:
I got this offer too, bit confusing because it says 2000 MR points even though it's a QF linked Amex!?

Do you think I'll get QFF points?!

Does anyone know if this offer is still running? I thought I may have go something in the mail regarding this but cant remember. Looking to get a supplementary card for my girlfriend.

Does anyone know if this offer is still running? I thought I may have go something in the mail regarding this but cant remember. Looking to get a supplementary card for my girlfriend.
No idea sorry hummel, but I do know I still don't have my points, maybe 5 weeks later...

The info I got indicated an end date of Jan 15 2012.

You could still apply in time though by going to the Australian amex site and adding /edge_add to the end of the standard address. Can't post actual link as I've not made requisite posts on this site yet.

The info I got indicated an end date of Jan 15 2012.

You could still apply in time though by going to the Australian amex site and adding /edge_add to the end of the standard address. Can't post actual link as I've not made requisite posts on this site yet.

I don't remember a web address, if you post it with spaces it should work

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone's even got their supplementary card yet? ... let alone the points for it.

Have received 2000 bonus points for something - I assume this promotion!

Have received 2000 bonus points for something - I assume this promotion!

I was wondering what the 2000 points just labelled "2000 Bonus Points" as a description was. Must have been this. Don't recall any targetting, but added 2 supplementary cards. Looks like it is not "per card".

Guys,

Did you have to provide any extra ID for your supplementary card?

I tried to add my girlfriend to my account and they want me to get a proof of ID thing signed by a JP.

Haven't had to do this before on other accounts. They're no chasing me to find out where it's at..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back