20% transfer bonus to selected CBA partners

ChrisFlyer

Established Member
Randomly stumbled across this offer while browsing the CommBank Awards website, but act fast, it ends "23:59pm AEST on 17 November". Apparently, it started in October, but given how hidden the CBA Awards website is, it seems nobody here has seen it, haha.

Transfer points to the following partners and get a 20% bonus:
  • Accor Live Limitless
  • AirAsia Big Rewards
  • Air France/KLM Flying Blue
  • IHG One Rewards
  • Marriott Bonvoy
  • Qatar Airways Privilege Club
  • United MileagePlus
  • Wyndham Rewards
Of the above, the most lucrative looks to be Flying Blue, which usually has a 2.5:1 conversion rate. With the bonus, 2.5 CBA = 1.2 FB, which gets it close to CBA's everyday 2:1 conversion rate to Velocity. (No link between Flying Blue or Velocity of course, just to say that the bonus closes the big gap that usually exists between these other partners and the best rate of them all, which is Velocity.) Little value in converting to the other bonus partners here unless topping up an existing account, as the conversion rates even with the bonus are quite poor if starting from a nil balance.

1668601564665.png

I have the Commbank card exclusively for its option to convert to Flying Blue miles. Really appreciate this post otherwise I would have missed this promotion! I wish CBA took their awards program more serious.

I have the Commbank card exclusively for its option to convert to Flying Blue miles. Really appreciate this post otherwise I would have missed this promotion! I wish CBA took their awards program more serious.

I don’t know much about Flying Blue. Care to share what the redemption availability is like?

I don’t know much about Flying Blue. Care to share what the redemption availability is like?
Availability is fantastic as you can redeem for all of SkyTeam, along with Qantas, Virgin Atlantic, Aircalin (flies Australia to Noumea), Malaysia Airlines, China Southern (which left SkyTeam but is still a Flying Blue partner... I'm sure it'll be a relevant airline again some day!), Air Mauritius (flies to Perth), Bangkok Airways, Japan Airlines, WestJet and a few others.

Rates aren't always competitive, but there's stacks of availability in general. One of the best parts is being able to combine partners from different alliances on the one ticket, like Qantas domestic to Sydney, connecting to Delta from Sydney to LA if that's where the reward seats are.

It's also really good for short haul SkyTeam flights, as you can often get a flight for around 5,000 miles, even if a cash fare could be a couple of hundred or more.

They don't have published award charts, but you can register for a free account and then login and search availability and rates. Sometimes you see rates that are just ridiculous (like 600k miles for biz), but if you poke around, you'll start to find options. 😊

I've only recently started collecting points with CBA, but with the Ultimate card giving 3 CBA points per $1 overseas (1.2 Flying Blue miles before any transfer bonus) with no forex fee, I'm hoping to get even better-acquainted with Flying Blue soon enough!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back