2 x Amex Travel Credits, 2 x Pax, 1 Booking?

Spacetravel

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hi AFF,

Myself and travel companion both have the QF Amex with $450 travel credit and are planning a trip we want to use the credit with. Is it possible to have both of us on the same booking and both use our own travel credits?

It is a somewhat complicated booking, multi stop through a couple places in EU. I am QF Plat/ OW E and my +1 is a no status, so combining the booking will ensure we can sit together easily, stay together if flight changes occur etc. I know I could ring QF to link the QF booking but the flights in EU are on BA and I don't trust that working out.

Hi Spacetravel! Sounds like an epic journey.

If you're using the online portal - you'll only be able to use one travel credit per booking - that's the limitation (it goes by card)

You'll have to book separately if you wanted to 'stack' the credits - on the other hand - you could always ring Amex Travel and see if they can do something like that for you on the phone.

My gut feel is that they won't be able to though - but it's defintiely worth a shot!

Hi AFF,

Myself and travel companion both have the QF Amex with $450 travel credit and are planning a trip we want to use the credit with. Is it possible to have both of us on the same booking and both use our own travel credits?

It is a somewhat complicated booking, multi stop through a couple places in EU. I am QF Plat/ OW E and my +1 is a no status, so combining the booking will ensure we can sit together easily, stay together if flight changes occur etc. I know I could ring QF to link the QF booking but the flights in EU are on BA and I don't trust that working out.

How did you go with that mate ? Did you have any luck. Please post the updates here , many of us could benefit from the insights. Thanks

This can be easily solved with domestic return trips where you just book outbound for both pax on one ticket and a separate return ticket doing the same thing. Your situation sounds tricky though.

Yeah I called and amex travel said they can’t help. Had to be on 2 seperate bookings.
Post automatically merged:

This can be easily solved with domestic return trips where you just book outbound for both pax on one ticket and a separate return ticket doing the same thing. Your situation sounds tricky though.
That is a good idea, unfortunately this was an international trip so one way bookings don’t work so well.

Back