15k bonus for additional card

burmans

Had this on a couple of my cards and not complaining but as well as getting the 15k points another 30k just appeared as a ‘referral bonus’. Anyone else got this? This was for the Velocity Escape card (also received the offer on Platinum Edge).

I had a supplementary card for my husband from a couple of years ago - and I think it was never activated. I just applied again and was approved for another and points allocated almost immediately.

Where / how do you see these offers?

Where / how do you see these offers?
I received an email, plus it was also in my Amex "Offers" which I just clicked through to the new supplementary card page. Selected my specific card, and it showed again the number of bonus points for that card.

personally, I got the previous round of first additional card approval for 5k. Right after that round ended, got this round for 15k, so I signed up another additional card and got this 15k within 10 mins of the card approval email. Lucky me I guess.

Can a supp card be closed online or must one call/chat? I see links to add a supp only.

Closest I've found to doing it online is using the online chat. I do wonder if the card holder could cancel it online themself without needing to use the chat feature. It's definitely more painful than it needs to be.

Thanks to a heads up from a few of the posters on here.......

I called today and cancelled Mrs Woodyren's sup card.

Within 5 minutes of cancelling the card I reapplied for a new sup card for her. I used the link provided by exceladdict as I have not received an offer personally. Card approved.

Within another 5 minutes the 15K points were in my account.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back