15% Bonus for Transfers to SQ Krisflyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxeflyer

Fly on 15% fewer miles with Singapore Airlines

Fly to your favourite destinations on Singapore Airlines. Transfer your Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] to KrisFlyer and redeem for a Singapore Airlines flight online at singaporeair.com to receive a 15% discount on the usual number of miles required.
Not a KrisFlyer member? Register here first.
1 Membership Rewards point is equal to 1 KrisFlyer mile.

Singapore Airlines:
  1. The points transfer must be made between 1 and 31 March 2012 to be eligible for the offer. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent or Ascent Premium and be a member of the relevant airline rewards program. Membership of the relevant airline rewards program is the Cardmember's responsibility and membership of, and points in that program are subject to that program's Terms and Conditions. A joining fee may apply. The redemption of Membership Rewards points will be administered solely by American Express and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. You must redeem a minimum of 5,000 points to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and redeem Membership Rewards points in whole numbers.

http://www.americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewards/moretravel/all-offers.html

That reads a little different on the AMEX site:
[h=2]Fly on 15% fewer miles with Singapore Airlines[/h] Transfer your Membership Rewards points to KrisFlyer and redeem a Singapore Airlines award flight online at singaporeair.com during March with 15% fewer points than normal. Fly to your favourite destinations on Singapore Airlines. Transfer your Membership Rewards Points to Krisflyer and redeem for a Singapore Airlines flight online to receive a 15% discount on the usual number of miles required.[SUP]*[/SUP]Conditions apply.

Fly to your favourite destinations on Singapore Airlines. Transfer your Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] to KrisFlyer and redeem for a Singapore Airlines flight online at singaporeair.com to receive a 15% discount on the usual number of miles required.
Not a KrisFlyer member? Register here first.
1 Membership Rewards point is equal to 1 KrisFlyer mile.

Singapore Airlines:
  1. The points transfer must be made between 1 and 31 March 2012 to be eligible for the offer. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent or Ascent Premium and be a member of the relevant airline rewards program. Membership of the relevant airline rewards program is the Cardmember's responsibility and membership of, and points in that program are subject to that program's Terms and Conditions. A joining fee may apply. The redemption of Membership Rewards points will be administered solely by American Express and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. You must redeem a minimum of 5,000 points to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and redeem Membership Rewards points in whole numbers.
American Express | Membership Rewards

So the promotion is booking online and get "a 15% discount on the usual number of miles required"? Points transfer must be made between 1 and 31 March to be eligible for the offer? What the?

I smell a rat here ... there is no offer. It has been the case for quite a few years you get a 15% discount for making bookings online. Irrespective of where the points came from or when they were earned/transferred.

So the promotion is booking online and get "a 15% discount on the usual number of miles required"? Points transfer must be made between 1 and 31 March to be eligible for the offer? What the?

I smell a rat here ... there is no offer. It has been the case for quite a few years you get a 15% discount for making bookings online. Irrespective of where the points came from or when they were earned/transferred.

Ditto. The online booking bonus is nothing new. Can we claim additional 15% with AX ?

If there is an additional 15%...

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!

Just transferred 200k points last week.

Edit: Wait, I can just transfer $5k more points. Idiot.

it's been a 15% online discount for quite awhile i thought.

Suggest a mail to AMex is inorder, that would be false advertising I suspect so you may manage to persuade to also give another 15% bonus on top.

Oh, bugger.
I just transferred 65k to SQ on, you guessed it, the 29th Feb!!!
I am booking 2 flights this month for April travel - hopefully.
Any way I can get this discount?

Is it a REAL discount?

Looks like yes it seems to be a rort!! it says discount when you redeem online.
not a good look Singapore Air

Looks like yes it seems to be a rort!! it says discount when you redeem online.
not a good look Singapore Air

What's SQ done wrong? They offer their 15% online discount as always. Amex's bad for publicising this as something special.

It appears I got carried away by the current Bonus frenzy.
Totally agree that the Amex SQ "offer" is misleading at the very least.

Last edited:
Is it possible that SQ has a Promo going on by itself?

I redeemed 5,000 SQ Miles through HSBC and SQ credited me 10,000 to the account.

Or it's a glitch because the 5k require 10k HSBC Rewards points and by error they credited 1:1. :D

Is it possible that SQ has a Promo going on by itself?

I redeemed 5,000 SQ Miles through HSBC and SQ credited me 10,000 to the account.

Or it's a glitch because the 5k require 10k HSBC Rewards points and by error they credited 1:1. :D
I think this comes into the don't ask, don't tell category!

No bonus for me transferring from both Amex and Citibank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back