10,000 bonus points per 20 transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

(BTW, I read it as a max of once per month till December):

You are now registered to receive 10,000 Membership Rewards™ Bonus Points for every 20 transactions you make each month from 1 September to 31 December 2008, with no limit to the Bonus Points you can earn. To find out all of the places you can be rewarded for using your American Express Card click here [amexnetwork.com.au/merchantmap]

But maybe that's just me... what's other people's take on the "each month" part?

Interesting thing will be how it accounts for 2 cards (corp and personal).

Thanks very much for this - a great promotion :)

But maybe that's just me... what's other people's take on the "each month" part?

Then there would be a limit to the number of points you can earn.. it clearly says there is no limit.

What they meant was the transaction count resets every calendar month.

I read it as the count started again each month. So if you got to 40, you get it twice, but if you got to 39 at the end of the month, back to zero the next day :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in and luckily just before I'nm off on my DONE4:D

Interesting thing will be how it accounts for 2 cards (corp and personal).

Thanks very much for this - a great promotion :)

Corp cards are excluded (as are David Jones cards). It also only works for transactions made in Australia in AUD.

Perhaps I should scan the postcard it came on?

I wonder if there's any limit to the value of the transactions or number of bonuses? My company has a merchant account, I could quite easily write a little script to put through 10000 one cent charges to my Amex. 5 million points for $100 anyone? :)

Corp cards are excluded (as are David Jones cards). It also only works for transactions made in Australia in AUD.

Perhaps I should scan the postcard it came on?

Hmm, wonder how far away the DJ Amex card is?

Then there would be a limit to the number of points you can earn.. it clearly says there is no limit.

What they meant was the transaction count resets every calendar month.

Makes sense. My brain must be tired! :)

BTW, once again - thanks for posting!

Does this apply to only certain types of cards ?
I have the Rewards Maximiser, and Qantas American Express. Does this mean that say for every 20 woolworths transactions in a month they give an additional 10,000 points ?
I already use the cards pretty frequently, i.e. 40 - 50 times a month.
What's there to stop people from buying their shopping items one at a time. I admit this is a lot of effort and time wasted, but 10,000 points for every 20 transactions is pretty good. I think people could rack up a lot of points this way.

Cheers
LP

I tried signing up with my Qantas AMEX card but can't find where to enter the offercode... maybe it isn't for this card?

If this is a fairdinkum deal, I'm taking the weekend off to score some points.
The cheapest item I've found so far at Woollies is a box of matches at 75c.
Buying one at a time, means $15 per 10,000 points.
Or 280 purchases of 75 cent matches, for a total of $210 gets you 140,000 points, or enough for a RTW flight. Nice.
Anyone think of anything cheaper?
Wonder if you'd get blacklisted from Woolworths for doing this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back