1 QANTAS FF per $1 spent on VISA or MCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmiles.au

Hi All, CBA is post 1FEB10 reducing QF FF points from MCard and Visa to 0.5points per $1 spent. I am looking for a VISA or MCard where I can earn a minimum of 1 QF Frequent Flyer point per $1 spent on the card with a low annual fee (under $125).
Does anyone know of a card?
:confused:
I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.

I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.[/quote]

But that's not a Visa/MC is it?

Maybe get the Citibank Plat, pays 1:1.
I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one!

I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.

I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one![/QUOTE]

"free for life" on annual charge! How did you get that?
:confused::?:

I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one!

"free for life" on annual charge! How did you get that?
:confused::?:[/quote]

"fee free for life" is no longer avaiable anymore and will never ever come back. The annual fee currently is $250+$19. There is no visa/mc gives you 1:1 plus the fee is also under $125.

you have a couple of options.

you can go with the Card Service Gold card - mainly provided by 2nd tier banks and credit unions. Is basically a repackaged Citibank Gold card

check out Suncorp

another option for $130 a year is the Citibusiness Gold card that gives 1.25 points / $. I moved to this card when the whole direct earn cough started.

You need to call to transfer your points to QFF - last time i did this the points were in my QFF account the next day. The good thing is you can also use the points with SQ and DJ

Apart from those 2 cards I don't really know any that give 1:1 for non Amex cards.

another option for $130 a year is the Citibusiness Gold card that gives 1.25 points / $. I moved to this card when the whole direct earn cough started.

This could be a good option although it is capped at 60k.

I'm still trying to decide on my own future useage. I've been busy with the Westpac QFF & Krisflyer 3:1 and the current CBA one over the past14 months.

The Krisflyer at 1:1 is un-capped but the points must be used within 3 years and with the Citibank Plat (120k cap) i'm reluctant to transfer to Krisflyer or Velocity at 0.66:1.

Just learned today that Qantas Frequent Flyer Visa is now only offering 1 point for every $2 spent. This was effective 13JAN10 WITHOUT NOTICE.

:mad:

ok, ill bite and ask another question

does anybody know of a credit card with 1:1, visa or master card with no fees, with 55days interest free,

can be any bank , low limits etc.

i currently have the AMEX+MC from CBA and they have reduced their ratio to 0.5 points per $ for the plat card which is unacceptable,

I have a family members sub card for a plat visa Citibank 1:1, fee free for life,

obviously the offer is not avaialble but ideally I would like my own one...

or am I dreamin'

ok, ill bite and ask another question

does anybody know of a credit card with 1:1, visa or master card with no fees, with 55days interest free,

can be any bank , low limits etc.

i currently have the AMEX+MC from CBA and they have reduced their ratio to 0.5 points per $ for the plat card which is unacceptable,

I have a family members sub card for a plat visa Citibank 1:1, fee free for life,

obviously the offer is not avaialble but ideally I would like my own one...

or am I dreamin'

I have to say you are dreamin in the current credit card market, but if you are a huge spender on the credit card, you can always negotiate the fee with your bank but I can not see any cards offering 1:1 ratio so far except citi business card but it comes with annual fee.

Citibank Emirates Platinum mastercard gives you 1.5 reward points per dollar spent. Must be the best earning card for FF points

Citibank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back