$0 annual fee First Year - Citibank Signature Card ($299 after that) - 60,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: $0 annual fee First Year - Citibank Signature Card ($299 after that) - 60,000 poi

Looks like a decent deal. I don't see too many gotchas. I have the Citibank platinum so should be able to apply for this one. Will keep a PDF of it though - I've had issues with Citi now wanting to honour their deals before.

Re: $0 annual fee First Year - Citibank Signature Card ($299 after that) - 60,000 poi

Looks like a decent deal. I don't see too many gotchas. I have the Citibank platinum so should be able to apply for this one. Will keep a PDF of it though - I've had issues with Citi now wanting to honour their deals before.

You may not be eligible for the bonus points: Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer.

I've been holding off getting a Citi card waiting for a deal like this - thanks for posting wchiri!

You may not be eligible for the bonus points: Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer.

I've been holding off getting a Citi card waiting for a deal like this - thanks for posting wchiri!

bummer. I guess my wife will have to apply instead :)

I have tried to apply and the link doesn't seem to work. It brought me to a page with a 80k qantas point bonus but according to city this is a glitch and will be resolve soon. Damned.

I have tried to apply and the link doesn't seem to work. It brought me to a page with a 80k qantas point bonus but according to city this is a glitch and will be resolve soon. Damned.
Was able to click through just now so may be available again.

Was able to click through just now so may be available again.

Do you get a different screen from this one?
Capture.JPG

From my side I still get to the 80,000 Qantas point offer which is a glitch sadly :(

What are 60k citi points worth? Do they only convert to SQ and VA?

Do you get a different screen from this one?
View attachment 42989

From my side I still get to the 80,000 Qantas point offer which is a glitch sadly :(

Wait so what is the correct offer? Does the original one stand?

So annoying I just applied for a new card and was hanging for something like this offer but had gone with a virgin one instead! Don't really want any more hits to the credit file but would much prefer to cancel that and pick this one up!

$0 annual fee First Year - Citibank Signature Card ($299 after that) - 60,000...

Wait so what is the correct offer? Does the original one stand?

So annoying I just applied for a new card and was hanging for something like this offer but had gone with a virgin one instead! Don't really want any more hits to the credit file but would much prefer to cancel that and pick this one up!

Not sure what the issue is here, if I was complaining about the points would use the second page and if I was complaining about the fee I'd use the first, 80k is better than 70 after all.

citibank has stuffed up he promo, that's their problem, if you have PDFs of the relevant pages and are not afraid to use them!

Last edited:

Not sure what the issue is here, if I was complaining about the points would use the second page and if I was complaining aboy the fee I'd use the first, 80k is better than 70 after all.

citibank has stuffed up he promo, that's their proble, if you have PDFs of the relevant pages and are not afraid to use them!

I don't want the 80k or 70k Qantas points, am after the citi points and fee free first year. The thing is if you click on the one page PDF summary that is required for cards now it has a whole other set of terms which don't relate to this offer at all.

They may have stuffed up their promo but their system won't let you apply for the qantas points option after you filled all your details on the page that says 80,000 bonus points... If not my application would have already been in!! :)

They may have stuffed up their promo but their system won't let you apply for the qantas points option after you filled all your details on the page that says 80,000 bonus points... If not my application would have already been in!! :)

This has been the case in the past when I have taken up Citi QF bonuses.
Upon ringing to activate your card, you "opt in" to QF rather than Citirewards, and provide your QFF number then over the phone.At activation, before spending.

This has been the case in the past when I have taken up Citi QF bonuses.
Upon ringing to activate your card, you "opt in" to QF rather than Citirewards, and provide your QFF number then over the phone.At activation, before spending.

Interesting!

So if Im interested in their 80k qantas points bonus, I should lodge the application under citirewards (no other option anyway) then call and switch to QF.

Im just worried that they then will turn around and say sorry no can't do and I'll be stuck with a card and no bonus points... :-|

Interesting!

So if Im interested in their 80k qantas points bonus, I should lodge the application under citirewards (no other option anyway) then call and switch to QF.

Im just worried that they then will turn around and say sorry no can't do and I'll be stuck with a card and no bonus points... :-|

Thats exactly what you need to do - its the only way I have previously done it (incl last year's 80k pts offer).
If they say can't do, then say forget about activating the card...

I don't think this one will be 80k points though (s/b 60k), as noted above there seems to be an issue once you click through the link to apply

So CJD600 you got the 80k Qantas points through with no issues last year? Don't have anything with Citi at the Moment so could be an easy 60k QFF points for me.

So CJD600 you got the 80k Qantas points through with no issues last year? Don't have anything with Citi at the Moment so could be an easy 60k QFF points for me.

Yes, came through same day as first months points for spend came through

08 AUG 14 CITIBANK QANTAS DIRECT 07AUG14 --80,000

It looks like the page refers to the 60k Qantas points now

One thing I've noticed is that "A $49 annual Citibank Qantas rewards fee applies" when you earn Qantas points. I wonder if it's possible to collect the sign on bonus in Qantas points without having to pay this fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back