You Can Now Transfer CBA Points into Virgin Blue Velocity Rewards with a 25% Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

Logging into the CBA Awards Centre, I noticed the following deal:

V_Velocity-Rewards-BIG.jpg

Commonwealth Awards welcomes Velocity Rewards as a partner to the program. Velocity is the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Blue that rewards you faster with flights, accommodation, car hire and more. To celebrate the new partnership, right now you can redeem your Commonwealth Awards points to receive 25% bonus Velocity Points. Now you can redeem even faster!
Velocity is operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd as trustee of the Loyalty Trust. Velocity Membership is subject to the Velocity Rewards Terms and Conditions of Membership available at www.velocityrewards.com.au.

May be attractive to some!

Offer ends 30 November 2008!

Re: You Can Now Transfer CBA Points into Virgin Blue Velocity Rewards with a 25% Bonu

Not as good as the 50% bonus that Amex and Diners Club offered recently but still great if that's the way you wish to go.

Re: You Can Now Transfer CBA Points into Virgin Blue Velocity Rewards with a 25% Bonu

I wonder how long it is now until they stop QF transfers!

I think it will be an interesting next 1-2 years, as DJ starts to ramp up their loyalty program and QF continues to alienate their customers by moving to direct sweep only.... only has to end up being good news for DJ one would think.

I think it will be an interesting next 1-2 years, as DJ starts to ramp up their loyalty program and QF continues to alienate their customers by moving to direct sweep only.... only has to end up being good news for DJ one would think.

Also I would think SQ will pick up a few disgruntled folk - they ahve been added as an option to one or two reward schemes.

Great...I have finally decided to become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member yesterday, after thinking that CBA will never align themselves with Velocity. Typical.

I spose now I can choose between the two.

Interesting that the CBA card will now have the best visa/master earning rates for velocity (gold/plat).

Interesting that the CBA card will now have the best visa/master earning rates for velocity (gold/plat).
Actually, Citibank are currently offering new applicants of their Platinum Visa 1.5 points per dollar spent on the card for up to 12 months:

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/com...ogram/citibank-platinum-earn-1-5-a-14546.html

I also wonder how long it will be before they cease the ability to transfer points from CBA to QF...

What is the ratio for com gold cards points transfering to Velocity is it 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 like QFF?

What is the ratio for com gold cards points transfering to Velocity is it 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 like QFF?

Someone would have to log in with their Gold Card and check. A Plat is 1:1, with no website conditions that imply otherwise. With Qantas, there are website conditions that advise of the 2:1/3:2/1:1 transfer ratios.

I wonder how long it is now until they stop QF transfers!

QFF transfer is until 31/03/2009 if you log on to QFF website. However it will be a direct earn subset which I guess it operates like Amex Qantas card. All point earned get to transfer to QFF automatically on monthly basis.

Someone would have to log in with their Gold Card and check. A Plat is 1:1, with no website conditions that imply otherwise. With Qantas, there are website conditions that advise of the 2:1/3:2/1:1 transfer ratios.

Yes, Gold card is 3:2 for velocity plus the additional 25% points offer that they currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back