"Wrap up your gift list at Westfield for 3,000 Bonus Points"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtiGeR

Intern
I received a postcard from AMEX and Westfield.

"Wrap up your gift list at Westfield for 3,000 Bonus Points"

"Just by spending $50 or more in a single transaction at three of the retailers below, you'll be rewarded with 3,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points." valid from 1 to 21 Dec 2012.

Retailers: Angus & Coote, BIG W, Harvey Norman, Just Jeans, Kmart, Marcs, Myer, Smiggle, David Lawrence

The promo is quite confusing because,

1. I've got multiple AMEX issued AMEX cards. The offer says "Purchases made on another Card ... are not eligible for this offer" but did not state anywhere which card is eligible.

2. Apart from the title, it didn't mention "Westfield" anywhere, so I'm not sure whether a standalone Myer or Kmart would qualify.

Thanks for the reminder. Had something like this in a targetted email newsletter I think. Or somewhere. Have to dig it up now, I remember also being confused.

I got this email as well. I hadn't noticed that K Mart was on the list. Another 3,000 points coming my way between now and December 21st. The wording I received was slightly different:

"If you are the named recipient, simply spend $50 or more in three individual transactions at any of the below Westfield retailers; Angus & Coote, BIG W, Harvey Norman, Just Jeans, K Mart, Marcs, Myer, Smiggle and David Lawrence between 1 and 21 December 2012, and you’ll be rewarded with 3,000 Bonus Points."

The terms and conditions at the bottom of the email don't mention Westfield, so I would have thought any of those retailers even if they aren't in a Westfield would still get you the points.

"Offer commences 01 December 2012 at 00.01 (AEDT) and ends 21 December 2012 at 11.59 (AEDT). Bonus Points will be awarded when three individual transactions of $50 or more are made instore at Angus & Coote, BIG W, Harvey Norman, Just Jeans, K Mart, Marcs, Myer, Smiggle and David Lawrence."

Fortunately my local Westfield has a K Mart, so I'll be buying 3 x $50 Coles group gift card over three different transactions.

Thanks for the reminder on this, I received the email a few weeks ago as well

My first reading was that you needed to spend $50 at 3 different stores, but reading it again, it seems that you can spend it at any retailer so Kmart 3 times would work ?

Thanks for the reminder on this, I received the email a few weeks ago as well

My first reading was that you needed to spend $50 at 3 different stores, but reading it again, it seems that you can spend it at any retailer so Kmart 3 times would work ?
I got the offer as well....if I can spend 3x $50 at the same store eg 3 X $50 gift cards at Kmart or Big W, than it would be worthwhile; otherwise, too much effort if you need to spend $50 at 3 different stores!

I guess it depends on what wording you received. The wording I got was "If you are the named recipient, simply spend $50 or more in three individual transactions at any of the below Westfield retailers" versus the wording TtiGeR received "Just by spending $50 or more in a single transaction at three of the retailers below"

Well my wording is

"If you are the named recipient, simply spend $50 or more in three individual transactions at any of the below Westfield retailers; Angus & Coote, BIG W, Harvey Norman, Just Jeans, K Mart, Marcs, Myer, Smiggle and David Lawrence between 1 and 21 December 2012, and you’ll be rewarded with 3,000 Bonus Points."

To me that's 3 transactions at one store :)

Well my wording is

To me that's 3 transactions at one store :)

Yup, with our wording, I agree.

Oh I just received a follow up email from Amex and the wording is different!!!!!!

Email just received - Just by spending $50 or more in a single transaction at three of the retailers below

Previous email - Simply spend $50 or more in three individual transactions at any of the below Westfield retailers; Angus & Coote, BIG W, Harvey Norman, Just Jeans, K Mart, Marcs, Myer, Smiggle and David Lawrence between 1 and 21 December 2012, and you’ll be rewarded with 3,000 Bonus Points."

That's fine Amex, I will play your game, I will get gift cards from Big W, Kmart and Myer and not spend it on cough that I don't want or need

If I really wanted to be annoying i would spend 3 X $50 and ONE retailer and then lodge a complaint Home Page :: Primary just like I did with the bonus points promotion a few years ago.

My wording (via email just received) is more specific:
Wrap up your gift list at selected Westfield retailers between 1 and 21 December 2012 and you’ll receive 3,000 Bonus Points.

This festive season, paying with your American Express
[SUP]®[/SUP] Card makes gift giving even more rewarding. Just by spending $50 or more in a single transaction at three of the retailers below, you’ll be rewarded with 3,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points. But hurry – you have until 21 December 2012 to wrap up your gift list and boost your points balance.

There’s no need to register your American Express Card – we've already enrolled you in this offer. What’s more, as the named recipient of this email, this offer is only open to you.

So that should be an easy 3K in points, as Big W, K Mart, Myer and Smiggle are likely $50 recipients.

Interesting. I do get AMEX promo emails from time to time but this one is a physical post card.

Still don't know which card I should use...

Oh for Days when the Xmas Promo was not capped at 3000 points...

Electrical Retailers, Everyday, 5 Points per $.....all good for a J return to Europe or more.

I got the offer as well....if I can spend 3x $50 at the same store eg 3 X $50 gift cards at Kmart or Big W, than it would be worthwhile; otherwise, too much effort if you need to spend $50 at 3 different stores!
Just looked at my offer again:
Wrap up your gift list at selected Westfield retailers between 1 and 21 December 2012 and you’ll receive 3,000 Bonus Points.

This festive season, paying with your American Express[SUP]®[/SUP] Card makes gift giving even more rewarding. Just by spending $50 or more in a single transaction at three of the retailers below, you’ll be rewarded with 3,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points. But hurry – you have until 21 December 2012 to wrap up your gift list and boost your points balance.
So looks like I will have to spend $50 at 3 different stores....so $50 Wish gift Card at Big W, $50 coles Myer Gift Card at Kmart; can i buy a $50 Coles Myer gifft card at Myers? or only Myer gift cards?

1. I've got multiple AMEX issued AMEX cards. The offer says "Purchases made on another Card ... are not eligible for this offer" but did not state anywhere which card is eligible.

I also received the email this morning.

In my email at the top of it, it says "Hello Alanslegal ....... Account Ending in xx_xx" so that identifies the targeted card.

I also received the email this morning.

In my email at the top of it, it says "Hello Alanslegal ....... Account Ending in xx_xx" so that identifies the targeted card.

Mine is a physical post card not an email :( No card number.

perhaps if everyone replied with what cards they have then we can figure out whether it is for which amex card this is.

I have an AMEX RESERVE and an AMEX EDGE card. Got the postcard version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back