Woolworths Qantas Mastercard for Forex and Bpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

N860CR

I've got to buy a few thousand US dollars in cash and I'm trying to work out a way to make it attractive to my frequent flyer account. Before I get blasted, I did call Woolworths about this one and got a very unsure sounding "No, I don't think you can" from their always amazing (!) call centre staff and tend to think they had no idea what I was talking about.

I can purchase the cash using a credit card for an extra 1.5% of the total cost. Last time I tried this, with a Westpac card, I was hit with a big "cash advance" fee and didn't earn any points at all. Has anyone tried this with the Woolies/QF card and made it work?

There is also the option to Bpay as well, and that doesn't attract the 1.5% fee. Has anyone Bpay'd using this card and been awarded points? Or do they put a stop to that?

If the card doesn't turn out in your favour, don't forget that Travelex is a QFF partner for forex. :)

You can Bpay bills with WW EDR card however not all organisations accept this. The website will auto decline anyone who doesn't accept.
From memory Telstra won't accept but my local council rate payments go through.

You do get QFF points and its not costed as a cash advance

Hope this helps

Anyone tried this with a travel/prepaid card that does accept CC payments through Bpay?

It's up to the Biller not the card supplier to define what types of accounts they accept payments from. You can check all billers through the BPAY site and it will tell you what they accept. I don't believe there is any way you can use a ccard to purchase cash other than as a cash advance hence no points and an immediate debt accruing interest at around 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back