Which cards / banks do not have the 12 months exclusion for bonus points offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbkate

Hi - I just realised I could have applied for the 80k 0 fee NAB offer that ended May 31 even though I only cancelled an NAB card last December!! I have a spreadsheet as suggested by someone here to keep track of cards I have applied for and cancelled. Thought all the banks had the 12 month exclusion for previous card holders.

I only realised when I read through the NAB thread and saw some people had got that card several times during the offer by cancelling and reapplying. Now I have missed the '$0' fee offer which kills me!

So are there any other banks who don't have this rule?

NAB even allow existing cardholders to get the deal.

ANZ is another one, or was. Check their website for current rules.

" This bonus points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Rewards credit card or NAB Home loan in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Rewards Platinum Card or NAB Rewards Classic Card account. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB credit card offer."

With ANZ it used to be a case of the Qantas rewards and the 'regular' rewards were different categories. So you could get 1x Qantas and 1x regular bonus points in 12 months but not 2x the same one. If that makes sense?

WRT NAB, looks like the terms may have changed, but they certainly never used to worry about the 12 months thing.

AMEX, unofficially. Many anecdotal reports of getting bonus points less than 12 months. This was when the explorer card came out, I'd cancelled a different amex maybe 8 months ago. Still got the bonus points.

Not sure about the others. I'm about to cancel ~3 cards. Need to figure out which is the best Visa promo at the moment. I think Citi is about the only one I haven't had recently.

Dannyism, last Friday, I rang to cancel my 3rd NAB and they offered a free 4th card and 50K QF points. Maybe try that. ;)

...WRT NAB, looks like the terms may have changed, but they certainly never used to worry about the 12 months thing. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back