Which Business credit card and which reward program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuremax

Business credit cards and reward programs

Hi everyone, i stumbled upon this forum when i was researching for business credit cards. However i didn't see too much discussion regarding this topic so i felt like starting a topic about this.

My dad and i have a small business and currently have an amex business card under the company name. We also use personal visa credit cards but we shouldn't mix business spending with personal items. That's why we need a business visa/mastercard. The problem is you can't pay for a lot of things with amex and there's not many options for business visa/mastercards with reward points.

First off, which reward program would we even consider? Currently i travel by leisure with QFF on average once a year or every 2 years(or until theres enough points) to travel international flights in different parts of the world. Im probably going to fly in the future to south america, north america and maybe europe. But to be frank i don't like flying with qantas, just don't like their customer service with the amount of money(points) you spend. Maybe it's better if i upgrade to y+ or J? I was wondering what alternative that allows to travel in most places around the world?

Another thing to consider is im now getting cramped with Y class (6ft and now want to do future travels with Y+ or J class. Would it be better to redeem a whole flight with points or purchase ticket + points to upgrade?

Our business expenditures would be around ~$200k-/+ so any credit card that allows rewards with business expenses would be good.

We haven't considered other reward benefits. So far the points we claim are for leisure travel but we're wondering what's a better reward system for the business. Is it better value to use another type of reward system for the business and just pay all future flights upfront?

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Business credit cards and reward programs

Get the Woolworths and BankWest Platinum Qantas cards and just don't put anything with an obvious business nature on it.

Get the Woolworths and BankWest Platinum Qantas cards and just don't put anything with an obvious business nature on it.

That won't work because there will be obvious business expenses spent..

It seems like there's only 3 options
NAB $1.5 = 1 QFF
Westpac business altitude (amex+mastercard cards ) = $2=1 (altitude points) for amex and $1=1 (altitude points) for mastercard
ANZ =$1=1 (anz reward points)

It's hard to tell which one provides more value. Any ideas?

BankWest Platinum folks have not queried any business expenses and it is capped at 200,000 points for $200,000 spend.
Recently there has been a $99 offer for new sign ups.

If your expenditure on cards runs over $200,000 you could get your dad a card for $99 too from BankWest Platinum Visa.
Those points are for Qantas so all family members can then use them.
i use Woolworths Everyday rewards credit card for personal stuff.

While having a personal card for business expenses may be ok because banks don't tend to check (with the exception of Woolies), if you want to have peace of mind, you could also check out:

- Bankwest (poor rewards program though)
- Commonwealth Bank (the MC can earn 1 QFF point/2$ if you opt-in to Qantas rewards)

... Maybe it's better if i upgrade to y+ or J? I was wondering what alternative that allows to travel in most places around the world?

Another thing to consider is I'm now getting cramped with Y class (6ft and now want to do future travels with Y+ or J class. Would it be better to redeem a whole flight with points or purchase ticket + points to upgrade?,,,
Upgrades are never guaranteed. For QF best to redeem the whole flight in Y+ or J when you can. But need to be flexible with dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back