Where are you going with your credit card business come June 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Thats right list your CC company you will transfer your business to come the 17th June.
Interesting if the MORONS change their minds or the Westpac ideas guy gets the sack!

For us that it is free....into the draw it goes.....emergency card at best.

I can still use Westpac Platinum KrisFlyer Amex as it continues unchanged. The rest of Westpac cards will have a short meeting with scissors around June 17th.
Citibank have the goods in Visa, Woolies have the goods in MasterCard and Amex Ultimate is running fine (but you cannot get a new one as it has been pulled).

If I get offered the new Earth Black Amex and MasterCard then I'll stay with Westpac if not then I'm off to NAB
100% ditto here. Just had an interesting discussion with Westpac...she seemed to be saying that all Altitude / Earth Plat Plus card holders can do a product swap to the Black card when it comes out...shall wait and see:shock:

Got a link?
Do you have to be 200K plus to be in the know about card?

100% ditto here. Just had an interesting discussion with Westpac...she seemed to be saying that all Altitude / Earth Plat Plus card holders can do a product swap to the Black card when it comes out...shall wait and see:shock:

Here's hoping :D
I have a lot of direct debits set up to my cards and its painful switching them over

I'm not going anywhere. I'm interested in SQ points so, if I want 1.5ppd, AFAIK it's either Westpac SQ Plat or Alt Black (currently Plat Plus). I don't earn enough for a Citi Select and a Citi Sig is only 1ppd (SQ eff earn).

Having ditched my Westpac cards some years back, this all seems a bit strange.
On the one hand, they are accelerating the process of squeezing the last drop of value from their non-SQ existing cards, and then seemingly meeting all needs with the new Black at no extra cost.
Strange how the Big 4 still don't attempt to effectively link their cards with account loyalty. Those that do like NAB have poor cards which stay in the drawer, a shame they are such a good small business bank.
My QF points bank is starting to drop and needing a new card, will watch this development with interest.

The altitude black series closely reflects the CBA Diamond series! 1.25 for MC and 3 points for Amex

That black AX may earn 3 points per $, but that means little until we know what the redemption levels are.

e.g. How many need to be redeemed to get one QFF point?

Looks that way but also without caps. Time and the detail will tell.

IIRC CBA has a 1M points cap on the Diamond. For most people uncapped vs 1M points wouldn't make any difference.

That black AX may earn 3 points per $, but that means little until we know what the redemption levels are.

e.g. How many need to be redeemed to get one QFF point?

0. You can't redeem for QF. Have to go direct-earn Earth Black for that.

Here's hoping :D
I have a lot of direct debits set up to my cards and its painful switching them over

Black, whether offered and accepted or product switched, will have different card numbers and will require you to amend direct debits.

I'm hoping to switch to Black, but am wondering about my chances of scoring it fee-free for life, like I supposedly have had with my Platinum Plus (albeit they've been clamping down in recent years and it's becoming harder and harder to "negotiate" this deal...)

EDIT: actually I don't think I'll be getting an invite to Black. My letter said something along the lines of "this change shouldn't affect you much given your current spending patterns" whereas that link kpc posted said "Based on how you used your Altitude card(s) in 2012, we can see that these changes may affect the number of points you earn in the future". cough.

Last edited:
EDIT: actually I don't think I'll be getting an invite to Black. My letter said something along the lines of "this change shouldn't affect you much given your current spending patterns" whereas that link kpc posted said "Based on how you used your Altitude card(s) in 2012, we can see that these changes may affect the number of points you earn in the future". cough.

I received that same letter. You may have more luck, but I doubt that they will give you the black card.

Called up Westpac asking for some information regarding the changes, and after encountering a very rude person who fobbed me off to another department and after another 20 minute wait, encountered someone else who told me in no uncertain terms that I would need to reapply for the new card and pay additional annual fees, the details of which she would not be able to tell me until the end of March - all just to retain the same benefits that I am receiving currently.

Suffice to say that they made it clear that Westpac doesn't value my business, and have already started the not insignificant process of moving all my accounts, loans, investments and insurance policies elsewhere, not just the relatively trivial credit card.

Last edited:
Probably give my Virgin Money Plat visa a heavier work out at 1.25 velocity point : $1 spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back