When will Australia get an SPG CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hi all,

It's always bothered me that Australia doesn't have a point per dollar SPG card. The only card providers (that I know of) who transfer to SPG are Amex and Diners. Both of which in my opinion have rather poor conversion rates. Any idea why Australia still doesn't have an SPG or if any financial institutions are currently working on releasing a card. I'd most definitely be one of the first to sign up!

Cheers

I don't think Australia has any hotel co-branded credit cards. They are prolific in the US but there's a market for them, given the supply and demand of accommodation. Australia is a small fish. I'm not even sure the UK has one.

So I don't think we'll be seeing any hotel credit cards anytime soon.

I was going to say it would surely require them having more hotels... but they have the same number as Hilton!

I would have thought the way they could market the card would be that you can transfer miles from SPG to ~20 airline providers. Extremely versatile program.... oh and they operate my favorite hotel... the W!

I don't think Australia has any hotel co-branded credit cards. They are prolific in the US but there's a market for them, given the supply and demand of accommodation. Australia is a small fish. I'm not even sure the UK has one.

The UK has a SPG Amex which usually has a good sign up bonus. There is also a Priority Club Visa that comes with Platinum status.

The Hilton Macquarie Card seemed to be designed mainly to make more money from Hilton fans by rolling their former Premium Club into it.

Best relative value is actually the David Jones AMEX as the transfer rates are 2:1 but you earning 1.5 SPG points per dollar spent on supermarkets or petrol. It's actually better value than transferring directly to the airline if you do 20000 or more!

Best relative value is actually the David Jones AMEX as the transfer rates are 2:1 but you earning 1.5 SPG points per dollar spent on supermarkets or petrol. It's actually better value than transferring directly to the airline if you do 20000 or more!

Agree. Same as the Amex Platinum Edge which is linked to Ascent Premium MR. However, that's only on groceries and fuel which even at the top end is relatively small to other expenditure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back