When is a Platinum not a Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
In preparation for our upcoming family holiday to Europe I took the opportunity to revisit the Travel Insurance policy that comes with the Westpac KF card. I see in the new insurance terms they now talk about Platinum A & B, terms i hadn't seen on the Westpac website.

Platinum A cards
●● Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card; and
●● 55 Day Platinum credit card

Platinum B cards
●● Earth Platinum credit card;
●● Altitude Platinum credit card; and
●● Altitude Qantas Platinum credit card

In the end I decided that with the four of us travelling that the card insurance wasn't go to be sufficient. For $390 I ended up with a multi-trip family policy for 12 months which will also cover my business trips through the year.

Anyway, the point of my post is that a Platinum card is certainly no longer a platinum card!

Cheers

Alby

and if you have a NAB Qantas Platinum, it's now the new "Premium"

They are forever coming up with new levels of exclusivity, which in turns makes the previously strived for top tier less valuable.

Gold
Platinum
Platinum Plus
Elite Platinum Plus
Super deluxe Elite Platinum Mega exclusive Invitation only club...you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back