what's the best deal going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicer

i have not been very credit card savvy over the last few years and am hoping to turn things around from this day forward....i have researched a fair bit but haven't signed up for anything yet for fear there is still a better deal out there that i haven't yet discovered....i am after a credit card with maximum earning power for qantas frequent flyer points. the one that i believe pays most is amex ultimate but at a whopping $450 pa fee it seems a high price to pay.

does anyone know of a fabulous deal for a point earning card with a reasonable annual fee. credit history is faultless and salary is good. have i missed any info?

Hi,

Do you plan to pay the card off each month or run a constant balance and pay off the min each month.

Yearly fees are only part of the package if you don't plan on paying the card in full each month you should be looking at interest rates as they soon outway the points you get.

Saying that, IMO any of the Amex cards with 1.25 or 1.5 points per $ are quite good if you pay the full balance each month.

ejb

hello, sorry, i should have said that i intend to pay the card off in full every month.

at 1.5pts:$1 you'd need to spend
about $30000 just to earn back the $450 fee

at 1.5pts:$1 you'd need to spend
about $30000 just to earn back the $450 fee

The Amex Ultimate, does, however, come with a free domestic flight (subject to the terms and conditions etc), so in a cost beneft analysis over other cards should be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back