what is the best credit card platinum to earn frequent flyer points the quickest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tung Nguyen

I have been researching the best platinum credit card that earns the most frequent flyer points the quickest ... can anyone assist? open to other options too!!

Depends on your spend per year and also what airline you wish to be linked with.

Citi has some good offers. eg. Citi Platinum 1:1 , Citi Emirates 1.5:1 , Citi Business 1.25:1 - these are all capped. Citi Select uncapped.
These cost between $200 to $700 a year.

Woolworths card 1:1 to Qantas 16,000 bonus points available. $89 a year.
Amex Qantas Discovery card 1:1 no fee per year uncapped.

I have found Earth Platinum the best for direct earn QFF at 1:5 per dollar spent on the AMEX card - uncapped and if you play hard with Westpac you can get it fee free .(it is also connected to a m/card but only with .5:1 spend .)
Citibank Platinum Visa is 1:1 direct earn to QFF which is capped at 120000 points and you can bargain that annual fee down as well , but maybe not to zero .
Having said that ..... does anyone know about any QFF direct earn for more than 1.5:1 spend - not to be confused with a "membership rewards" etc where all points are halved by the time they become QFF points

Qantas Every Day Rewards Credit Card seems to be a pretty easy card to get in my case, no questions asked during the application process, I'm self employed, 16k QFF sign on points posted really quickly (was in the first months statement) un-capped 1:1 earn.

Pretty much accepted everywhere since its a MasterCard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back