Virgin Atlantic 20% bonus points... its back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

UA_SYD

Think its been almost two years since the last one..?? November of 2009...

anyways, looks like its back on... closing date is 8th October..

can't post the link as its my first post, but can be accessed via membership rewards area.

couldn't find a reference on Virgin site.

enjoy

Cool. Thanks for the heads up! I have been waiting for this one!

I had a quick look but I couldnt find any reference to this special offer?

If you go to AMEX website and navigate to "Membership Rewards & Benifits" - "Membership Rewards"... there is a banner add scrolling in the centre of the page, the '3rd advert' is the VS 20% bonus one.....

Think its been almost two years since the last one..?? November of 2009...

anyways, looks like its back on... closing date is 8th October..

can't post the link as its my first post, but can be accessed via membership rewards area.

couldn't find a reference on Virgin site.

enjoy

20% seems a pittance when compared to what other airlines offer - up to 100%. See this link, as an example:

Delta 100% Bonus on Purchased, Gifted, and Transferred Miles - View from the Wing

Thanks. Found it. Where does it say about the expiry of the offer?

20% seems a pittance when compared to what other airlines offer - up to 100%. See this link, as an example:

20% bonus on miles transferred from Membership Rewards is very different to 100% bonus on miles bought, gifted, or shared.

Thanks. Found it. Where does it say about the expiry of the offer?

Can't find it again... it took me a while last night to locate it but it said 8th Aug - 8th Oct in the description of the offer...

Last edited:
I think I am going to transfer 50000 miles now, and in turn get 60000 miles credited with this offer.

I think I am going to transfer 50000 miles now, and in turn get 60000 miles credited with this offer.

I've been waiting since the last one.. so have approx 284,000 to transfer.. so 340,800 after bonus... 20,000 points shy of two return Business SYD-LHR

my personal preference is to wait to the last day(s) to maximise the value...

I see. you have a good plan there. My plan is to have 2 X UC SYD-HKG return. I already have 95000 flying club miles in my FC account now.

Doesn't it work out to be the same miles earned if you do it now and then do some more later before the expiry?

i.e. if I have 60000 MR points in AMEX, say transfer 50000 miles now to FC at 20% bonus which results in 60000 miles and then transfer the other 10000 later and get 12000 in total. Unless my Maths is incorrect?

What is SYD-HKG in J - points and $ ?

Looking at mid-Sep.
Have 7000 SQ points that expire this year and SQ saver is 45,000 plus $200.
QF on the otherhand is 60k plus $280 using anyseat.

---

Looks like 40k plus taxes
(compared to Velocity 60k plus taxes)

Last edited:
I see. you have a good plan there. My plan is to have 2 X UC SYD-HKG return. I already have 95000 flying club miles in my FC account now.

Doesn't it work out to be the same miles earned if you do it now and then do some more later before the expiry?

i.e. if I have 60000 MR points in AMEX, say transfer 50000 miles now to FC at 20% bonus which results in 60000 miles and then transfer the other 10000 later and get 12000 in total. Unless my Maths is incorrect?

Your plan is completly correct...
just my personal prefernce to wait and do in one hit...

enjoy UC UC to HKG... !!

QUOTE=moa999;476252]What is SYD-HKG in J - points and $ ?

Looking at mid-Sep.
QF on the otherhand is 60k plus $280 using anyseat.[/QUOTE]

From the VS Website;
half amounts for O/W

UC 80,000
PE 54,000
Y 45,000

You would need to do dummy bookings for taxes...

I think VS taxes are pretty high if I remember correctly...

QUOTE=moa999;476252]What is SYD-HKG in J - points and $ ?

Looking at mid-Sep.
QF on the otherhand is 60k plus $280 using anyseat.

From the VS Website;
half amounts for O/W

UC 80,000
PE 54,000
Y 45,000

You would need to do dummy bookings for taxes...[/QUOTE]

A$207.30 taxes - so about the same as Singapore
and for 34,000 Amex points a very slight save on my alternative flight via Sing that was indirect.

Anyone here compared VS J product to SQ and also QF? for the syd-sin-hkg(SQ) route and syd-hkg route (QF)?

Anyone here compared VS J product to SQ and also QF? for the syd-sin-hkg(SQ) route and syd-hkg route (QF)?

IMHO VS J is appalling when compared to sq and qf J.

The clubhouse in lhr is the only plus for me... Usually a dated plane syd-HKG-lhr. Food cough, service in-attentive.

So when spending $ I would avoid VS but VS redemptions are V cheap in membership rewards compared to QF and SQ redemptions.

I guess u get what u pay for, even in membership rewards points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back