USA Amex plat access to va lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.

alect

Clearly va lounge access is explicitly listed as a benefit of the Amex plat au. But no mention on the USA Amex plat. Does USA Amex plat grant access to va lounges? (Would they even be able to tell the difference between a USA and aus cards)

I remember discussing this recently with another member with their UK Plat.

See here:

We never heard back if they tried with their UK PC.

If it isn't mentioned on the US Amex site, then it is pretty clear that it is not a stated benefit.

Whether they pick up at the lounge that it's a different card or not is another story. You can always try your luck. Report back if you do.

Agree with @Daver6

It all depends on if they are able to differentiate the metal cards from different geographies.

I seem to recall when I've used my (Aust-issued) Amex Plat for Virgin Australia Lounge access, they've just eyeballed it. I don't recall that they scanned or swiped it, or even paid particular attention to the number.

the card number does contain country info, and even base/supp card holders
While that's true, I'm sure if they cared to turn the card over the website for Australian cards lists a ".com.au" so I would imagine other locales would not list that/something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back