Transferring less that 10,000 points to QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_g

So the deadline is approaching, I've moved almost all my points to QFF, however won't have enough for another 10,000 points transfer. So has anyone been able to transfer less than 10,000 points to QFF, the idea being that all remaining points go to QFF, and the CB rewards balance is 0 on 31st March? Thanks!

So the deadline is approaching, I've moved almost all my points to QFF, however won't have enough for another 10,000 points transfer. So has anyone been able to transfer less than 10,000 points to QFF, the idea being that all remaining points go to QFF, and the CB rewards balance is 0 on 31st March? Thanks!
You can transfer blocks of 5000 through the call centre, however it will cost you 2500 to do so.

Might be worth paying the $19 to join Citi Qantas rewards, then switching back once the points have been transferred?

Might be worth paying the $19 to join Citi Qantas rewards, then switching back once the points have been transferred?

This is the way to do it. I transferred 10 K points to QFF and then signed up for Citi QF Rewards (incl the $19 fee). The operator told me that the 1952 remaining points would be trandferred to QFF

But only possible with the Platinum card

That is true. At least the points weren't burned! I have been refraining from using my Visa card until the mess is over

I just stamped my foot.....demanded to speak to a supervisor. Told them they'd changed the transfer block amount from 5000 to 10000 without notifying me. Told them i was being ripped off. Finally they they gave me 3500 points to bring my points balance up to 10000. Not bad - 3500 points for nix.

I just stamped my foot.....demanded to speak to a supervisor. Told them they'd changed the transfer block amount from 5000 to 10000 without notifying me. Told them i was being ripped off. Finally they they gave me 3500 points to bring my points balance up to 10000. Not bad - 3500 points for nix.
Yeh its pretty easy to complain and get free points. Did that twice to get 5k, although I would have rather not have had the issues.

Was the supervisor Australian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoodage
Was the supervisor Australian?

Didn't sound it. At a guess - Indian..

Hi,
Anyone tried transferring 5000 points on-line? You get a message saying that your points were transferred successfully, but actually nothing happens.
I called Citibank and they acknowledged yes we know about this, our system has errors, but definitely nothing can be done to transfer less than 10,000 points. What about the documentation I have that says 5,000 points? What about your web site that accepts 5000 point transfers and tells you that it is successful? Sorry, nothing is possible.
I got the distinct feeling that I was being told to piss off. I might just do that after 25 years with Citibank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back