The Signature card - no annual fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trblvb

Had a call from Citibank today offering Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a. for 12 months up to $10,000 and/or Cash Advance for up to $10,000 0% p.a. for 12 months (for a holiday etc.). Just need to pay monthly minimum.

I said to the lady its sounds too good to be true and said you’re just lucky.

Anyone else had a similar offer?

I'm interested as it’s seems good value.

Last edited:
I have a long post in another thread on Citibank's mishandling of these. They are a good deal but with lots of gotchas, so buyer beware.

Make sure you get a full set of t&c before you go ahead.

Balance Transfers (or even a cheque to yourself) can be a good way to benefit if you are disciplined to pay on time and to finalise the accounts before the promotional interest rates expire. I have two concurrent balance transfers with Citibank - $15K at 0% 15months and $45K at 1.9% 18months- which I deposited into my offset account. Each month I just pay the minimum requirements. Given mortgage rates are around the high 4's, I am benefitting by (say) 3% over 15-18months which works out to be upto $1,800. Definitely a win.

I was just offered 2.9% for 24 months but this is currently my go-to non Amex card so I don't think I will bother given my mortgage rate is 4%. Might ask them if.there is a shorter 0% offer available.

I'm currently Platinum (Free upgrade from Vanilla circa 2001) So still paying $89 annual fee.

Early 2014 I was sent a new Signature card, and was to busy/couldn't be bothered to activate it as have a lot of D/Debits linked.

Then about 6 mths later, again sent a new Signature card, - didn't activate. After I'd junked the card, I saw the benefits, increased earn rate, and Priority Pass. Bugger. Bugger.

I gather it's a auto trigger, perhaps a average spend over 3 mths etc. I've tried a few things, including putting $$$$ spend on the card, but I think I've lost out on this one.

Has anyone had a recent free upgrade to Citibank Signature ? They were floating around about a year ago.

I'm currently Platinum (Free upgrade from Vanilla circa 2001) So still paying $89 annual fee.

Early 2014 I was sent a new Signature card, and was to busy/couldn't be bothered to activate it as have a lot of D/Debits linked.

Then about 6 mths later, again sent a new Signature card, - didn't activate. After I'd junked the card, I saw the benefits, increased earn rate, and Priority Pass. Bugger. Bugger.

I gather it's a auto trigger, perhaps a average spend over 3 mths etc. I've tried a few things, including putting $$$$ spend on the card, but I think I've lost out on this one.

Has anyone had a recent free upgrade to Citibank Signature ? They were floating around about a year ago.

Try calling and asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back