Thai long-haul First and Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiningb

Established Member
I'm looking to book a family trip to Europe around Easter 2021, to use up some miles I had to move to KrisFlyer before the Amex deval.

I have, with the clock ticking until 2022ish:
~350k KrisFlyer (3x one-way J Aust <-> Europe) in my name
~110k KrisFlyer (1x one-way J Aust <-> Europe) in wife's name
~20k Asia Miles

plus, with less expiry pressure:
~350k AAdvantage (4x one-way J Aust <-> Europe/North America)
~280k Qantas
~250k Velocity
~160k LifeMiles

and Amex/St George as a source of more Asia Miles/KrisFlyer/Velocity/etc, plus LifeMiles can be topped-up as needed.

We're happy to use different airlines (and even different points currencies, or possibly cheap cash fares for the kids or on CI/VN/something) for the outbound and inbound journeys. Obviously KrisFlyer is easy. I can do MEL-SIN-LHR/CDG/AMS/wherever and vice versa on SQ with relative ease, for four business seats, at the booking horizon. We went SQ J to/from Europe last time (with the kids in economy with my mother). Within Star I would prefer the new NH 77W Room, or BR, because my height is greater than optimal for SQ except for the bulkhead, but those are harder to get.

Possibly due to certain contagions, there's actually feasible availability for 2-4 people on (say) CX or JL for early next year, using AAdvantage or Asia Miles, both of which I would happily do. My wife would prefer not to fly separately but would probably be happy to take one kid each if her connection was not too difficult. I will happily also go QR or EY in J on my own or with the kids, but she is uncomfortable transiting the Gulf.

But now that TG availability is open again for early next year, I might be able to get some/all of us on TG through BKK, and potentially even get the missus in F on the same flight BKK-LHR or similar, for minimal extra cost using LifeMiles for her and KrisFlyer for the rest of us.

So:

1. How is TG's J bed length on the 359, 388 and the proper 1-2-1 77W config? I'm 186cm tall, so if it's shorter than that I'll have a problem.
  2. Is TG F enough of an upgrade to pay (say) 110k LifeMiles vs 95k to get the BKK-LHR sector upgraded?
  3. Are TG still bad for equipment subs? I would be extremely unhappy to trade a 359 fully-flat bed for some angled-flat 2-2-2 nonsense on a clapped-out 744.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back